Assistant Controller ($500 Signing Bonus!)
Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards? Join our team at Snowmass Mountain Lodging, managed by East West Hospitality.
We are looking for a reliable Assistant Controller who can prepare financial statements for multiple Commercial and HOA entities, and who can follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of the Controller. The individual must be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems and processes.
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, payables, reporting, overseeing the A/P clerk, etc.)
- Prepare Bank reconciliations timely and clear discrepancies
- Follow accounting deadlines to prepare and submit financial packets for review and approval
- Manage Journal entries, invoices, etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
- Help in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies
- Utilize accounting IR system to facilitate processes and maintain records
Location: Snowmass Mountain Lodging - Snowmass, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $55,000 - $65,000 DOE
Signing Bonus: $500
Schedule: 8:30am - 5pm, or 9am - 5:30pm, Monday - Friday
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 2 Day Ski Pass
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $200 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at eastwest.com.
- Minimum of 2 Years Accounting experience as an Assistant Controller or Similar position
- Solid Knowledge of GAAP(Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and Regulations
- Excellent Knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting)
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- BSc/BA in Accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred
- HOA and Commercial Accounting experience is a plus
East West Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.