East West Hospitality is hiring an Assistant Controller! This position is responsible for financial preparation and reporting functions for a group of East West Hospitality managed Home Owner Associations and will serve as a mentor and coach to junior association accountants. The Assistant Controller will take the lead on projects to improve automation in financial preparation and reporting.
- Independently prepare and review complex financial statements. Distribute to appropriate personnel with pertinent supporting information.
- Compile budget formats, capital replacement reserves and information and assist Managers completing their budget requests.
- Independently present financial results to Homeowner Boards; respond to inquiries about financial management and related issues. Cultivate an environment of respect and trust with Homeowner Boards.
- Independently analyze complex information, solve complex problems and establish procedures for recording or reconciling information and optimizing workflows.
- Coach staff to improve efficiency, accuracy and customer service. Identify and provide learning opportunities to allow staff members to expand knowledge and skills. Continuously lead by example.
- Develop standard internal controls for Association financial reporting, communicate and ensure compliance with these standards.
- Develop and pursue projects to improve automation and technology in financial preparation and reporting.
- Develop in-depth understanding of various property management software programs, be a resource to other staff members for both training and research.
- Develop standard reporting formats, timelines, and methods for all company managed Associations.
- Create an environment of comfortable hospitality for teammates, owners and guests. Maintain a positive "open door" communications policy with all staff members.
- Prepare reconciliations and review reconciliations completed by others.
- Enter and review accounts payable prepared by junior accountants.
Location: Beaver Creek Landing - Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9am -5pm
Benefits & Culture:
Eligible for comprehensive benefits package including: Health Insurance, 401k plan with match, Paid Time Off, Sick Time, Wellness / Ski Pass Incentive, and Employee Assistance Program.
Great perks including: Discounted gym memberships; 30% OFF at Eye Pieces of Vail; Slifer Smith & Frampton real estate discount; Marriott discount; on-site parking; bus pass discount; discounts at local shops; free trainings and more!
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at https://eastwest.com
LIVE. WORK. THRIVE.
College degree in accounting or finance or suitable industry experience as a Property Accountant, and experience with computerized accounting operations. Job requires good verbal and written communications skills, ability to supervise others, good accounting and organizational skills. Service oriented; willing to support and deliver as necessary to ensure the success of the entire organization. May occasionally be required to travel and attend weekend meetings.