Building Maintenance Tech
East West Hospitality is seeking an experienced Building Maintenance Technician to join our team in Charleston, SC. This position will maintain the day-to-day operations and assume responsibility for the maintenance of buildings, grounds, irrigation and utility systems of properties under the direction of the Chief Building Engineer. This position will complete maintenance requests for our condominium properties located in Mount Pleasant and Charleston in order to consistently provide well-maintained properties for our residents. Must be mechanically inclined and have strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills. Plumbing, HVAC, electrical, irrigation systems, and carpentry skills are preferred. Knowledge of pool/spas is a plus.
Location: Maintenance responsibilities at Tides IV, Anson House & The Gadsden
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Schedule: 8am-4pm, Monday - Friday and rotating on-call schedule for maintenance emergencies
Pay Rate: $16 -$19 / hour DOE
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life & Pet Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Career Development Trainings
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at eastwest.com.
- At least 3 years experience in property maintenance or equivalent field.
- Must be mechanically inclined and have strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills
- English fluency
- Excellent customer service skills
- Plumbing, HVAC, electrical, irrigation systems, and carpentry skills are preferred
- Knowledge of pool/spas is a plus
- Must be familiar with operation and maintenance of a variety of tools and equipment such as but not limited to: fire protection systems, elevator systems, vehicles, hand and power tools. Good understanding of electrical, plumbing, drywall, painting, and general building techniques needed.
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record.
East West Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.