Catering Sales and Conference Services Manager
We are currently seeking a Catering Sales & Conference Services Manager to join our team!
Scope of this Position:
- Conference Services & Events Sales Manager will secure (sell) and service Conference & Events business from the Social and Corporate Market, through active and effective promotion, solicitation and prospecting, while maintaining Viceroy Standards and maximizing revenue/profit potential.
- Must be dedicated, enthusiastic, innovative and motivated person.
- Previous experience in the similar role within a luxury hotel environment is essential.
- Excellent communication skills and strong business acumen of Snowmass preferred.
- Ability to identify and capitalize on business opportunities.
- Excellent self-motivational skills.
- Is responsible for booking catering events for resort. Will oversee all aspects of client liaison and build new client relationships within the marketplace on a continuous basis. Dealing with group business, weddings and local corporate clients, the Conference Services & Events Sales Manager is responsible for planning all details of an event and managing client requirements to ensure that events run smoothly and accounts are kept in order for a seamless follow-up after all events.
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor degree with excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in the English language.
- Proven interpersonal skills with a track record of successful client interactions.
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Operations , Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Sales Meeting Pre-Convention Meetings, Planning Visits, and Menu Tastings.
- Ability to make timely and impromptu decisions, which balance client’s needs with the financial, safety and staffing goals of the hotel.
- Find solutions to the inevitable challenges and glitches that arise while groups are on property and keep Director of Conference/Catering Services promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel facilities, capacities and dimensions of meeting space and basic operational needs of all operating departments.
Viceroy Hotels & Resorts inspires travelers with one-of-a-kind authentic lifestyle experiences that bring together provocative design and intuitive service in sought-after locations. A leader in modern luxury, Viceroy’s vibe-led hospitality is guided by the brand promise "Remember to Live," an affirmation to create lifelong memories for each and every guest. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.