Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards? Join our team at The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, managed by East West Hospitality.
At The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa we pride ourselves on providing the best hospitality experience in the Vail Valley, and we hiring for the winter season. Come be part of a culinary team in a fast paced kitchen, where you will work with a variety of cuisines and techniques. The Cook III is an entry level cook position. The main responsibilities will be to prepare food according to recipes under the supervision of the Sous Chef. This is a great position for someone with basic culinary skills who desires to advance their skills and learn the ins and outs of commercial kitchen operation.
Chef Richard Sandoval is the "Father of Modern Mexican Cuisine," says the Financial Times, and The Michelin Guide tags Maya with recent praise declaring, "Maya’s menu reads like a love letter to Mexico"
Location: Maya Restaurant- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa- Avon, CO.
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal
Benefits & Perks:
- Free Epic Merchant Season Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus
- $40 / Month Health Insurance Reimbursement Program
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Career Development Trainings
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- Discounted Gym Memberships at VAC and The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $200 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at eastwest.com.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous kitchen experience is preferred.
- Basic knife skills.
- Peeling, temperature check, serve safe certificate a plus.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and be self-motivated.
- Must have good organizational, time management and delegation skills.
- Good communication skills-both written and verbal, required in English.
- Requires standing and carrying for long periods.
- This position may require lifting, carrying, pulling or pushing of approximately 21-50 pounds.
East West Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.