Drywall Painter/Grounds Worker/Maintenance Tech
Job Title: Drywall/ Painter/ Grounds worker/ Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Chief Building Engineer
Position Purpose/ Summary
This positions purpose is to provide and maintain a high standard to the curb appeal and appearance of the building both inside and out. Daily emphasis on drywall patch, repair, and paint work for common areas throughout the high-rise building including but not limited to assisting in grounds maintenance, carpet cleaning, snow removal, power washing, and landscape maintenance. Customer service, attention to detail and a proactive approach is required.
Work hours are flexible - Part Time or Full Time possible.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Proficient in drywall patching, sanding and painting.
- Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as snow blowers, power washers, leaf blowers etc.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, brooms etc.
- Hand sweep sidewalks and pick up trash
- Pick up dog waste
- Rake and sweep up leaves
- Clean up graffiti
- Replace dog waste hand bags and trash bags
- Power wash sidewalks
- Shovel snow from walks, driveways, and spread ice melt in those areas.
- Maintain or repair tools, equipment, fences, or benches, using hand or power tools.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, planters etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Active listening skills
- Ability to gain & retain trust of internal and external customers
- Hands on, no job is beneath me approach
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications, office equipment and BAS
- Ability to lift heavy objects when required
- Ability to work on one’s feet throughout the day
- Ability to walk from building to building
- Ability to walk up and down stairs
- Ability to work in extreme environments - extreme heat and extreme cold
- Ability to be on call on a rotating shift.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience
Education and/or Experience
- Sustained background in a variety of trades
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- General maintenance experience strongly preferred
- Must have a professional demeanor
- Must have a sincere desire to help people - owners, guests, staff & alike
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, residents, tenants or vendors.
- Effectively present information to top management, tenants and contractors
- Proficient in English as a second language
- Equipment Utilized
Variety of hand tools, power tools, snow blower, pressure washer, vacuum and building system equipment
- Microsoft Office
- Building Automation Systems
- Office Equipment
Mathematical and Reasoning Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and the ability to read a tape.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified Pool and Spa Operator, current or ability to obtain