East West Urban Management Building Engineer
Title: Maintenance Technician
Department: East West Urban Management
Wage: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour, based on experience
Reports to: Chief Building Engineer
Assist in, and conduct the daily operations and maintenance of building systems including but not limited to: plumbing, electrical, HVAC and other general maintenance requirements of facilities that vary from high rise buildings to townhomes. Customer service, attention to detail and a proactive approach is required. Salary range: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour, based on experience.
- Immediate response to emergency situations (fire, evacuations, water mitigation, equipment failures, etc.)
- Perform work order requests
- Perform preventative maintenance duties including but not limited to: changing filters, greasing motors, replacing lights, ballast and switches, temperature complaints, power outages, drains, patching and painting, etc.
- Conduct periodic equipment inspections
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agencies and company directives in regard to safety and building operations
- Maintain and ensure proper operation of life safety/fire systems/elevator
- Ability to read and interpret as-built drawings
- Snow removal and janitorial duties as required
- Special projects and project management as requested by management
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Active listening skills
- Ability to gain & retain trust of internal and external customers
- Hands on, no job is beneath me approach
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications, office equipment
- Ability to lift heavy objects when required
- Ability to work on one’s feet throughout the day
- Ability to walk from building to building
- Ability to walk up and down stairs
- Ability to work in extreme environments - extreme heat and extreme cold
- Ability to work one weekend day and four weekdays based on scheduling needs
- Ability to be on call on a rotating shift
- Ability to be calm and resilient in emergency situations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Sustained background in a variety of trades
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have a professional demeanor
- Must have a sincere desire to help people - owners, guest, staff, and alike
Variety of hand tools & power tools
Key bank and fob system
Control Boards of building equipment such as fire alarm system, domestic water pumps, elevator control, etc.
Mathematical and Reasoning Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and the ability to read a tape.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Pool and Spa Operator, current or ability to obtain a plus