Front Desk Agent
Vail Mountain Lodge is seeking a customer service oriented Front Desk Agent to join their dynamic team in Vail, CO. The Front Desk Agent represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay. Determinates a guest's reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay. Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date, and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work. Maintains guest room key storage, and maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.
Essential duties include:
- Registration of guests and accommodation of special requests as needed.
- Understands room status and rom status tracking.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Takes same day reservations and future reservations as they come in.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Performs cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, raising paid out's.
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Responsible for Valet of guest and Owner vehicles.
- Provides luggage and ski storage assistance whenever possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Vail Mountain Lodge- Vail, CO https://vailmountainlodge.com/
Start date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round.
Schedule: varies, including holidays and weekends.
Eligible for comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401k, PTO and Sick Time Off. Perks include mountains of wellness program, discounted gym membership, winter incentive, Eye Pieces 30% Off, bus pass discounts, referral program, and more!
At East West, you'll find a culture based on excellence, where our vision is to be the leader in hospitality services by being transparent, collaborative and simplifying the complex. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment and those we serve. We make this happen by creating value and sharing our passion for hospitality in the places where we live, work and thrive. Visit our website to learn more about East West at https://eastwest.com
High School graduate or equivalent. Must speak, read, write and understand the English language; bilingual a plus. Previous hotel experienced desired. Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, hearing, visual acuity, and may on occasion have to lift and carry up to 50lbs.