Guest Services Manager
We are currently seeking a Guest Services Manager to join our team!
Scope of this Position:
- Keeps the Front Office, Guest Relations, Reservations, PBX, Concierge and Valet teams focused on meeting and exceeding guest expectations and desired financial results.
- Empowers colleagues to provide excellent customer service. Establishes effective and clear guidelines so colleagues understand expectations and parameters.
- Manages the hotel guest complaint compensation program including but not exclusive to tracking of guest complaints and subsequent compensation, cross billing to appropriate departments and that all colleagues understand the parameters of guest compensation.
- Takes ownership - effective in dealing with guests’ accidents, incidents, complaints and preferences. Communicates them to the correct department heads to facilitate resolution and/or exceptional service delivery. Ensures accurate tracking of issues and records.
- Maintains high back and front of house presence.
- Manages Customer Satisfaction program and complies with Viceroy Snowmass policy in relation to reporting, trend analysis and resolution.
- Is highly interactive with guests and colleagues on a regular basis throughout the hotel to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Intervenes appropriately in any guest / colleague situation as needed to ensure the integrity of the hotel is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved and colleague wellbeing is preserved.
- Ensures the coordination of special needs and requests of VIPs and repeat customers.
- Proactive in maintaining detailed and current knowledge of local services (Restaurants, Leisure activities, Transportation, other property offerings etc.).
- Ensures compliance with all Front Office, Guest Relations, Reservations, PBX and Valet SOPs.
- Works closely with the Housekeeping and Engineering and Reservations Department to coordinate room availability and inventory.
- Works with Sales department to coordinate room inspections, tours and FAM trips.
- Create and maintains a strong working relationship with Housekeeping and Engineering Departments to ensure seamless service delivery.
- Create and maintain a strong working relationship with all departments to support hotel operations and goals.
- Maintains in-room Guest Directory ensuring that all information is up-to-date and in good condition.
- Manages Guest History and Preferences Program and ensures accuracy of information.
- Ensures that guest history and preference information is communicated through the Reservations and Guest Check-In process.
- Observes and records service behaviors of colleagues and provides feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
- Attends and participates in weekly revenue meetings in the absence of the Director of Front Office.
- Conduct effective and value-added department meetings.
- Carry out all reasonable requests made by management
- The main responsibility of a VIP Ambassador is to meet the needs of all guests staying in Viceroy Snowmass.
- Job duties include answering phones, booking reservations, responding to e-mails and electronic reservations, greeting guests upon entry to the hotel, checking in new guest, checking out guests, answering questions, and providing any necessary services to ensure a customer’s satisfaction.
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
- Knowledge of Front Office, Guest Relations and Reservations operational procedures.
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations.
- Good presentation, platform and training/facilitation skills.
- Ability to use standard IT software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office). Excellent working knowledge and competence in using Reservations, Guest Inventory and Property Management systems.
- Knowledge of safety standards.
Viceroy Hotels & Resorts inspires travelers with one-of-a-kind authentic lifestyle experiences that bring together provocative design and intuitive service in sought-after locations. A leader in modern luxury, Viceroy’s vibe-led hospitality is guided by the brand promise "Remember to Live," an affirmation to create lifelong memories for each and every guest. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.