Vail Mountain Lodge is seeking a customer service oriented Housekeeping Supervisor to join their team in Vail, CO. The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for ensuring high standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness in all hotel rooms, condos, Spa, Vail Athletic Club, Terra Bistro Restaurant, as well as corridors and public areas.
Essential duties include:
- Supervising the daily cleaning of assigned rooms, condos, corridor areas and public areas to the highest standards. This includes changing bed linen, replacing towels, cleaning bathrooms thoroughly, vacuuming, mopping and dusting daily.
- Ensuring the upkeep of vacant rooms.
- Ensure all operational and safety procedures are properly followed.
- Conduct property walks throughout shift multiple times to ensure overall cleanliness of all areas and to interact with other departments and employees.
- Make recommendations to management regarding development, training and corrective action of team members.
- Determine specific daily work assignments for housekeepers according to hotel occupancy.
- Train/coach employees on proper use of chemicals and housekeeping duties.
- Help maintain equipment by plunging toilets, fixing vacuums, repairing bed frames, curtain rods, etc.
- Document/Resolve or refers to other Management all guest concerns, complaints or suggestions in a continuous effort to provide superior guest service.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of cleaning supplies and all other necessary supplies.
- Other duties as directed by management.
Location: Vail Mountain Lodge-Vail, CO. https://vailmountainlodge.com/
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time-Year Round
Schedule: varies, must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Pay: $18-$20/hr. DOE
Eligible for: fantastic benefits and perks including 401k Plan, health insurance, PTO and Sick Time Off, discounted bus passes; Eye Pieces 30% OFF; discounts at certain local shops; employee referral program up to $200 per hired person; free trainings, spa discounts, discounted gym membership, and more!
At East West, you'll find a culture based on excellence, where our vision is to be the leader in hospitality services by being transparent, collaborative and simplifying the complex. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment and those we serve. We make this happen by creating value and sharing our passion for hospitality in the places where we live, work and thrive. Visit our website to learn more about East West at https://eastwest.com
Ability to read and comprehend complex correspondence in English. Minimum of 6 months experience in a hospitality operation in a property of similar size and quality. Ability to effectively present detailed information both verbally and in written form to guests and employees throughout the organization. Assure all safety and security policies and procedures are followed. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Explorer. Knowledge of Resort Data Processing helpful but not required. Experience with Full and Fractional ownership preferred, but not required.