Eye Pieces is seeking an experienced Optician to join their team in Vail. The Optician is directly responsible for providing customers with exceptional service and driving sales to meet company goals and objectives.
Essential duties include:
- Dispense eyeglasses and ensure proper fit and alignment of eyewear.
- Assist customers in the selection of frames and coordinate frames with optical measurements and prescription.
- Instruct customers in adapting to, wearing, and caring for their eyeglasses.
- Recommend specific lenses, lens coatings and frames to suit customer needs.
- Drive profitable store sales; analyze and respond to customer service issues.
- Perform general clerical duties, track orders, and manage inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Eye Pieces- Vail, CO.
Approximate Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Schedule: Days vary, between operating hours. 9am -9pm. holidays, weekends and evenings required.
Eligible for comprehensive benefits package including health insurance and 401k. Other perks include: eye wear prices at cost plus 10% at Eye Pieces, $200 referral program, discounted bus passes, CME discounts, free trainings, and more!
At Eye Pieces of Vail, you will find brands that can't be found anywhere else in the USA. FASHION FORWARD EYEWEAR COLLECTIONS CURATED FROM AROUND THE GLOBE. For individuals who care not just how you see, but how the world sees you.
High School Diploma or equivalent; College Degree preferred. 1 year previous optical experience. ABO certification preferred. Strong communication skills (verbal & written), knowledge and understanding of optical and basic medical terminology, and ability to correctly measure for ophthalmic eyeglass lenses of all types. Should also have current knowledge of retail optical, lens technology and diverse optical products as well as the ability to determine customer’s current lens prescription, when necessary, using lensometer or lens analyzer and customer’s eyeglasses. Flexible schedule required, including the ability to work weekends and evenings.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented with an ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment. This position requires a lot of teamwork and provides a great opportunity to join a growing and successful company.