Staff Accountant 1
The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa is looking for a Staff Accountant I. This position compiles, maintains and records financial transactions for many aspects of the accounting cycle including Hotel, Spa, Restaurant and Association accounting.
- Completes daily cash deposits for the hotel, spa, and restaurant and researching variances and making necessary corrections.
- Reviews and balances AR daily (Light Speed), prepares and posts monthly inter-company AR billing, and direct bill applications.
- Reviews, reconciles and posts awards statements.
- Daily revenue migration. Reconciles variances in owner revenue as part of the month end process making necessary corrections.
- Produces group billings and collection of group billing payments.
- Assist with guest calls, guest disputes, chargebacks, and collections calls.
- The accountant will follow up with applicable managers and employees regarding any discrepancies.
- The accountant will need to meet monthly deadlines and work closely with colleagues, and assist on special projects as needed.
- Accurately enters and posts hotel, spa, and restaurant AP daily/weekly meeting the weekly check run deadline.
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa - Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $18- $20/ hour DOE
Schedule: Monday- Friday, 8:30am - 5pm
Eligible for comprehensive benefits package including: Health Insurance, 401k plan with match, Vacation time, Sick time, Wellness / Ski Pass Incentive, Employee Assistance Program.
Great perks including: Discounted Marriott Rates; Bus pass discount; 30% off at Eye Pieces of Vail; discounts at local shops; employee referral program up to $200 per hired person; free trainings, discounted gym membership, and more!
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at https://eastwest.com
LIVE. WORK. THRIVE.
College degree or equivalent and two years related experience and/or training. Job requires experience with computerized accounting operations, good verbal and written communications skills, good accounting and organizational skills. Knowledge of computer systems including Dynamics SL, Lightspeed, Excel, Outlook, and Word is preferred.