Position Title: Property Accountant (Full-time, non-exempt)
Reports to: Controller
Wage: Commensurate with experience
A new position is available with our established and growing property management company at our lower downtown office. The primary focus of this position will be to maintain the overall integrity of financial records for a portfolio of real estate communities including retail, mixed-use and residential properties. On-going responsibilities will include general bookkeeping and month-end procedures and statement procedures. Successful candidates must be detail oriented with the capability to maintain multiple deadlines.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Review and oversee Accounts Receivable process; including but not limited to the monitoring of receipts, posting and review of tenant charges for accuracy and reconciliation.
- Review/interpret tenant leases and lease activity to ensure accurate billings, not limited to the gathering and maintenance of gross sales report information for calculation and posting of applicable lease charges
- Coordinate and/or perform Accounts payable functions, not limited to verifying accuracy, input and processing of payments, insurance and tax ID record maintenance.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare and enter journal entries for month-end close.
- Calculate management fees, owner distributions, funding requests and cash analysis when requested
- Bank reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial reports, not limited to preparing monthly accruals, analysis and variance reporting for financial statements
- Year-end reconciliations, including CAM, percentage rents, insurance, utilities and property taxes
- Assist in year-end audit preparation and annual budget preparation
- Maintain established financial policies and procedures
- Compliance with company policy & procedures, federal, state and local laws.
- Minimum 5 years property accounting experience required. Residential and mixed-use property management experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, experience with Skyline and PROMAS a plus.
- Ability to consistently and accurately meet deadline requirements of both our company and our clients.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize workload/time constraints in order to meet deadline requirements
- Proven ability to multitask
- Adept in practical accounting skills and concepts, including journal entries, GL analysis, Balance Sheet reconciliations, accrual and cash basis, operating expenditures and capital expenditures.
- Working knowledge of, and the ability to apply, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) within the property management and real estate industry.
- Ability to compile, read and analyze financial reports.
- Exemplary customer service skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must.
Excellent benefits package includes:
- Health, Dental, Vision & EAP benefits after 30 days
- Matching 401K
- Generous PTO/Sick that begins accruing upon hire
- Mass Transit/Parking allowance