Administrative Assistant - Home Owners Association
Responsible for all HOA Administrative tasks, coordinating with Community Association Managers, Project Manager, various other EWH departments as well as vendors, owners, and board members.
- Create all HOA notices and assist in their distribution to owners.
- Assist in Board and Member Meeting preparations.
- Provide assistance in the facilitation of Annual Member Meetings, including, when needed, proxy collection, the establishment of quorum, facilitation of elections, and ensuring all annual approvals are appropriately completed and recorded in minutes.
- Manage the retention and updating of minutes and other Association documents.
- Manage the Schedule of Meetings.
- Assist Community Association Managers with the management of HOA owner websites and ensure that they are regularly being updated.
- Update Board Contact lists as necessary.
- Primary contact to Placer County Clerk for the recording of various HOA documents.
- Collect and maintain current insurance summaries for all managed Associations and assist with insurance questions and research.
- Provide assistance with requests from title companies, real estate agents, lenders, etc.
- Manage real estate agent access on owner websites and act as primary contact for real estate document requests for prospective buyers.
- Assist in the updating and renewal of Association Management Agreements.
- Assist in the approval of governing document amendments, including Bylaws, Declaration, and Condo Map amendments, in accordance with individual HOA governing docs and any other California specific requirements.
- Provide auditor document requests to HOA Accountants.
- Assist in the facilitation of large-scale contested elections and special voting circumstances.
- Manage Board Meeting Zoom/Teams account, and webinar/conference call set-up for all Board-related phone calls.
- Work with specialized firm to send HOA Management surveys to all Board Members on an annual basis and provide feedback.
- Act as a primary contact for owners to provide documents, answer questions, and assist with HOA maintenance issues, and put owner in contact with the correct EWH department to better assist.
- Handle confidential information with discretion and prioritize communication and workload.
- Code and process payments for credit cards and invoices as necessary.
- Coordinate and confirm details of travel itinerary and conference/seminar attendance.
- Participate in management meetings and presentations when requested.
- In Managers’ absence, monitor incoming communication and handle as appropriate and necessary.
Facilitate and Control Communication Quality
- Prepare HOA document templates to help maintain quality control and consistency.
- Compose and prepare correspondence, reports, contracts, agreements, and other complex documents in Outlook, Word, Excel, and, when needed, Powerpoint programs.
- Edit correspondence/publications/documents accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism in dealing with sensitive documents and information.
- Assist with editing content for Association websites for various managed associations.
- Prepare and distribute Association Communications and Newsletters.
- Assist with updating owner websites with current minutes, budgets, insurance, Board contact information as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Various general office/clerical responsibilities, including the ordering of various office supplies, assistance with conference phone and conference call setup, etc.
DESCRIPTION OF DESIGN REVIEW ADMINISTRATION
- Perform routine compliance walkthroughs at all association properties, keeping detailed notes and implementing a compliance tracking spreadsheet.
- Assist association manager with next steps/follow through of violations.
- Work closely with and advise the various HOA Boards and Design Review Committees (DRCs) as to the review process status of applications and related design review and compliance matters.
- Help prepare DRC meeting agendas, attend DRC meetings, and prepare meeting notes for the record of proceedings and DRC actions
- Communication and coordination of projects being reviewed with the DRC representatives/consultants.
- Prepare and distribute meeting notices and communications. Maintain DRC records.
- Liaise and coordinate with the DRC, and the Design Review Consultant, or other consultants, if any.
- Participate in construction progress reviews. Collect and organize all records in association with these and help take care of any follow up correspondence.
- Attend Board of Directors' meetings which involve DRC discussions.
- Carry out other such duties and responsibilities as may reasonably be requested by Board/DRC that are consistent with the scope of this role.
- Help prepare demands in regard to DRC monies owed
- Help maintain the DRC database,
Because of the fluctuating demands of the operation, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, employees will be expected to help others when the occasion arises. Accordingly, employees may be expected to perform other tasks not specifically addressed above.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: Directly accountable to the Executive Community Association Manager
Promote at all times a cooperative and problem-solving atmosphere. Conduct all business in a professional and courteous manner. Must also honor and adhere to the following hospitality top 10’s at all times (below).
- I will be well-groomed
- I will smile
- I will make eye contact
- I will use attentive postures
- I will greet & welcome my guests
- I will be knowledgeable about my destination, my division and local attractions
- I will make suggestions
- I will be patient
- I will take responsibility for inquiries and problems
- I will thank my guests
High School diploma or equivalent required. College associate or bachelor's degree preferred. Candidate must have excellent listening skills and very good written and verbal communication skills. Professional appearance and conduct required. Candidate must be familiar with and able to use: computer/printer, copiers, fax machines, phone, and other common office equipment. Familiarity with IQ Ware Software is preferred. Must be well organized and be able to prioritize a large number of tasks. Candidate must be able to work irregular hours when necessary. Valid Driver license is required.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 100170288954