Advanced Line Cook - The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa
Join our team at renowned The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, managed by East West Hospitality.
We are looking for Advanced Line Cooks to work with a variety of cuisines and techniques in our fast-paced kitchen. If you possess demonstrated knife skills, excel at time management and food safety, we would love to meet you!
This role is responsible for cooking and preparing different meats, fish, poultry and vegetables up to company’s standards, and supporting projects and tasks delegated. Line Cooks report directly to Sous Chefs.
- Reading and understanding recipes
- Executing line station based on line descriptions and standards
- Setting up and stocking line stations with necessary supplies
- Cooking assigned menu items during service, complying with the Sous Chef's instructions and recommendations
- Maintaining high quality standards of food and its preparation, service and presentation
- Keeping line stations clean and organized
- Complying with mandatory food safety standards and regulations
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, Managed by East West Hospitality - Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round & Seasonal
Pay Rate: $24/ hour
Schedule: 5:30am-1:30pm; 2pm-10pm
**Must be able to work weekends and holidays.**
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. Work visa sponsorship is not available.
- Previous kitchen experience is required with at least 2 years working in a similar position
- Demonstrated knife skills
- Must be able to work well under pressure and be self-motivated.
- Must have good organizational, time management and delegation skills.
- Good communication skills-both written and verbal. English required and basic Spanish preferred.
- Requires standing and carrying for long periods.
- This position may require lifting, carrying, pulling or pushing of approximately 21-50 pounds.
Benefits & Perks:
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- Health Insurance - Choose from three plans! (YR)
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance (YR)
- Life Insurance (YR)
- $40 / Month Health Insurance Reimbursement Program (Seasonal)
- 401(K) Plan with discretionary employer match
- Career Development Trainings
- Free Staff Meals
- Discounted Gym Memberships at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Corporate Discounts with Perk Spot
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West Hospitality at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.