Assistant Construction Manager
We are seeking an Assistant Construction Manager, who will be a utility player and excited to assist in managing all aspects of the construction process for these two projects. This is a project specific job that could lead to other opportunities as our company grows in the region. It will require a candidate who is comfortable with tasks on all ends of the construction spectrum.
Job Responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Assist East West Partner’s Director of Construction in managing all aspect of the construction process.
- Provide support to the Development and Sales teams.
- Perform constructability review of plans and specifications.
- Detailed review of the GC’s cost estimates to confirm the design intent and program requirements are being contemplated in the pricing and identify areas of concern.
- On-going management, oversight and communication with the GC to ensure the project benefits from the most favorable pricing and a qualified subcontractor pool as the design develops from schematic design to construction documents.
- Monitor the progress of the building permit, utilities and Owner direct consultants.
- Identify critical decisions that will impact the overall schedule. Monitor site logistics, mobilization and preconstruction issues that may impact the schedule.
- Review and coordinate the Owner direct Consultant Agreements in conjunction with the team.
- Organize and maintain current drawings for the project team. Provide a log of drawing revisions as design progresses.
- Ongoing and active coordination between the design team members and the GC to ensure the budget, schedule and program are in conformance with plans and specifications
- If applicable, management of the LEED process to ensure project goals are established and completed to facilitate project certification.
- Lead the coordination between Owner direct consultants and General Contractor to ensure Project Schedule is being maintained.
- Maintain log for 3rd Party Quality Control Consultants (Water Intrusion, Acoustical Consultant, Insurance Consultant, FHA/ADA Consultant) and ensure GC closes out open items from reports in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the work of all utility providers to ensure timely installation of utilities/services
- Daily Site Walks to ensure quality and to monitor construction progress and ensure conformance to plans and specifications.
- Monitor the progress of the GC’s Construction Schedule and provide a report to the team on changes each month.
- Assist in managing purchaser changes with the Project Coordinator and ensure that they are implemented into the construction plans and specifications. Display a can-do/will-do attitude
- Experience in the construction industry (multifamily construction experience preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- Extremely organized
- Passion and appreciation of high-quality construction/real estate development
- Eye for detail
- All newly hired, or rehired, employees for all East West Companies must be, or become, "fully vaccinated" against the COVID-19 virus and provide evidence of full vaccination status to East West.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Career Development Trainings
- Sabbatical Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West:
East West Partners exists to create terrific places that bring people together, sharing meaningful experiences. We develop new communities, and improve existing ones, in ways that add lasting value. We aim to amplify what people love most about where they live, work and vacation. And we strive to be known as trusted partners and one of the industry’s best places to build a career.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Learn more about East West Partners at ewpartners.com.