The Assistant Controller is responsible for overseeing and managing all financial aspects of many East West Hospitality managed associations; this includes but is not limited to: financial reporting, creating budgets, bank management, bank reconciliation, A/P and A/R processing, presenting financials to board members, presenting financials & budgets to owners at annual meetings, supervising collections processes and board meeting overview preparation. owner/guest billing and developing and overseeing night audit procedures & liaison to external auditors. In addition to financial reporting, this position is also responsible for many human resource related duties, including payroll and this is the direct supervising position to the accounting clerks for accounts payable and receivable. This position is also responsible for EWH Tahoe financial related matters including participating in month end statement processing, balance sheet recs, etc.
- Produce monthly financial reports to managers and board members.
- Creating annual budgets.
- Assistance in insurance renewal.
- Reserve Studies and management of Reserve Investments.
- Billing Association homeowners quarterly.
- Bank Reconciliation/Operating and Reserve Cash management.
- Answering any owner questions relating to associations.
- Presenting financials/budgets/reserves/insurance at BOD meetings and Annual meetings.
- Answering any manager or BOD member questions in relation to financials and assist with management budget preparation.
- Overseeing A/P clerk to ensure that all vendors are paid timely and correctly and the invoices are coded properly per the budget.
- Overseeing A/R clerk to ensuring all A/R checks and credit cards are processed correctly, billings are sent on time and accurately, and aged receivables are recovered as quickly as possible.
- Overseeing our collections efforts, aging Report and delinquent owners.
- Processing month end for Homecare and Rental Program owners including processing checks to owners for rental revenue from previous month, ACH payments and mailing statements.
- Preparing books for yearly audits, review audits and tax returns for accuracy and ensuring any AJE’s are necessary
- Working with auditors to ensure correct audits, tax returns and payments within the time constraints by the State of California.
- Processing and filing 1099’s for both owners and 3rd party contractors
- Payroll work with managers to ensure all employees are paid correctly.
- Work within Dynamics SL, IQWare, TimeShareWare and all other software packages to ensure all entries are accurate and complete as well as engage in training opportunities that may enhance the software or end user performance.
- Make sure all employees are familiar with and know how to use the timekeeping system, UKG.
- Travel agent and travel insurance commission payments.
- Processing and posting late fees and dues billing.
- Credit card processing.
- Multiple employee committees including the Employee Appreciation Committee as well as the Philanthropic Committee
- Process CA Statement of Information Filings for EWH and all associations managed by EWH,
Promote at all times a cooperative and problem solving atmosphere. Conduct all business in a professional and courteous manner. Must also honor and adhere to the following hospitality top 10’s at all times (below).
- I will be well-groomed
- I will smile
- I will make eye contact
- I will use attentive postures
- I will greet & welcome my guests
- I will be knowledgeable about my destination, my division and local attractions
- I will make suggestions
- I will be patient
- I will take responsibility for inquiries and problems
- I will thank my guests
Must have at minimum a bachelor’s degree. Previous accounting experience required. Computer skills and managing multiple software’s important. Must be able to work well under pressure and be self-motivated. Must have excellent management and organizational skills. Good communication skills-both written and verbal. Requires excellent listening and phone skills. Must be able to operate or use the following: computer, printer, copier, calculator, scanner, fax and telephone.
All newly hired, or rehired, employees for all East West Companies must be, or become, "fully vaccinated" against the COVID-19 virus and provide evidence of full vaccination status to East West.