Perform all Association Administration functions, including attending all Association Meetings and recording minutes. Utilizing a high degree of specialized knowledge and education, guide and ensure all HOAs operate in compliance with governing documents, Davis Stirling Act, and all other legislation governing HOAs in state of California. Handle complex and escalated issues relating to HOA compliance as necessary. Work directly with EVP, Directors and PMs as the company compliance resource and handle complicated and / or escalated issues relating to HOA compliance. Manage the retention of all Association documents within Association SharePoint sites, as well as manage the Schedule of Meetings within SharePoint. Provide oversight of owner websites within Association Voice. Using a high level of independence and discretion, perform all executive administrative duties for Director of HOA Services. As Director of HOA Services administrative support, duties include Association Administration, administrative responsibilities for the director and quality control for Property Managers. Handle confidential information with discretion, prioritize and handle internal and external correspondence, screen incoming calls in the most professional manner, schedule meetings and maintain daily and long-term calendar. In EVP’s absence due to travel or other business activities, monitor incoming communication and handle issues and concerns as they arise and as appropriate.
- Attend all Association meetings, unless department scheduling conflicts prohibit, and draft accurate meeting minutes.
- Create all HOA Annual Meeting notices, and assist in their distribution to owners.
- Assist in Board and Member Meeting preparations.
- Provide assistance in the facilitation of Annual Member Meetings, including proxy collection, the establishment of quorum, facilitation of elections, and ensuring all annual approvals are appropriately completed and recorded in minutes.
- Work with Directors and Property Managers with ensuring Associations remain in compliance with governing documents, Davis Stirling Act, and all other legislation governing HOAs in state of California.
- Act as "Owner" of EWDH Association SharePoint sites, which includes controlling various permissions for document libraries, task lists, and calendars.
- Manage the retention and updating of minutes and other Association documents within Association SharePoint sites.
- Manage the Master Schedule of Meetings within the main Association SharePoint site.
- Assist Property Managers with the management of Association Voice sites, and ensure that they are regularly being updated by PMs.
- Update Board Contact lists as necessary
- Update Committee lists as necessary
- Assist with management of the lien and lien release process for all HOAs, including lien and release preparation and recording with Nevada and Placer counties.
- Assist with access restriction for past due owners.
- Primary contact to Nevada and Placer County clerks’ office for the recording of various HOA documents.
- Collect and maintain current insurance summaries for all managed Associations, and assist with insurance questions and research.
- Provide assistance with requests from title companies, real estate agents, lenders, etc.
- Manage real estate agent access on Association Voice, and act as primary contact for real estate document requests for prospective buyers.
- Assist in the updating and renewal of Association Management Agreements.
- Maintain positive working relationships with multiple local HOA attorneys.
- Assist in the drafting and approval of governing document amendments, including Bylaws, Declaration, and Condo Map amendments, in accordance with individual HOA governing docs and Davis Stirling requirements.
- Provide auditor document requests to HOA Accountants.
- Coordinate with local auditing firm for assistance in facilitation of large-scale contested elections and special voting circumstances.
- Advise HOA Accountants in regards to individual HOA Collections Policies.
- Manage Board Meeting WebEx account, and webinar / conference call set-up for all Board-related phone calls.
- Write annual Owner Continuing Education articles for distribution by PMs and posting to Association Voice websites.
- Work with Guest Research to send HOA Management surveys to all Board Members on an annual basis, and provide feedback to Director of HOA Services.
- Provide guidance for the Community Association Manager ("CAM") Licensing process, including assistance with licensing for newly hired PMs, and distributing Continuing Education options and reminders to all licensed managers.
Administrative responsibilities for Director of HOA Services
- Use high level of independence and discretion to perform all executive administrative duties for the director.
- Handle confidential information with discretion and prioritize communication and workload.
Facilitate and Control Communication Quality
- Prepare document templates for PMs and Directors to help maintain quality control and consistency.
- Compose and prepare correspondence, reports, contracts, agreements, and other complex documents in Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint Programs.
- Edit correspondence/publications/documents accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism in dealing with sensitive documents and information.
- Assist PMs with editing content for Association websites for various managed associations.
- Assist PMs with updating Association Voice websites with current minutes, budgets, insurance, board contact information as necessary.
- Maintain notary certification, and provide notary service to owners and guests free of charge.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Various general office / clerical responsibilities, including the ordering of various office supplies, assistance with conference phone and conference call setup, etc.
High School diploma or equivalent required. College associate or bachelor degree preferred. Community Association or Resort Operations management experience preferred; or equivalent combination of post secondary education and experience.
Candidate must have very good written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent listening skills. Professional appearance and conduct required.
Current professional certifications are not required. However, at budget allows the candidate may have the opportunity obtain the California Association Community of Community Managers, Inc. Certified Community Association Manager (CCAM) Designation.
Candidate must be familiar with and able to use a computer, printer, copier, fax machine, phone, and other common office equipment. Experience with Microsoft Office products is required. Familiarity with IQ Ware software and website maintenance is preferred.
Job Reference #: 87324472699