East West Hospitality is looking for an Association Controller to join our team in Avon, CO. If you have previous leadership experience and are service oriented, we would love to meet you!
- Continuously lead by example
- Create an environment of comfortable hospitality for teammates, owners and guests. Maintain a positive "open door" communications policy with all staff members.
- Interview and hire Accounting staff members. Supervise all Association Accounting personnel, observing performance, evaluating and coaching staff to improve efficiency, accuracy and customer service. Identify and provide learning opportunities to allow staff members to expand knowledge and skills. Develop performance standards, communicate and ensure compliance with these standards. Perform annual performance reviews for all direct reports.
- Regularly review work of subordinates to ensure compliance with company standards and provide feedback, training and support.
- Develop standard reporting formats, timelines, and methods for all company managed Associations.
- Gather information from numerous sources, analyze and classify information, apply prior knowledge to create unique processes and solve complex problems. Manage continually changing deadlines and demands, assist staff in re-prioritizing tasks in order to ensure completion of all duties.
- Review and approve all disbursements for directly managed associations.
- Review information from source systems for entry into financial software. Ensure that information is accurate and posted to the correct month.
- Prepare and review financial statements within required deadlines. Distribute to appropriate personnel with pertinent supporting information. Respond to inquiries and requests regarding financial information.
- Prepare reconciliations and review reconciliations completed by others. Ensure that reconciling items clear in the following period.
- Confidently present financial results to Homeowner Boards; respond to inquiries about financial management and related issues. May be required to attend Association Board Meetings, act as support for Junior Staff in meetings and coach and mentor Junior Staff to take lead in Board meetings. Work with multiple board members, one on one, with budgetary challenges, financing of large capital projects and investment options for Association Funds.
- Serve as a resource to the on-site staff for financial systems and results.
- Ensure accounting records and appropriate reports are prepared accurately and punctually and maintained up to date (i.e. sales tax, 1042’s and 1099’s)
- Attend and participate actively in Controller meetings
- Maintain confidential nature of all information that is not of a public nature.
- Ensure familiarity with all aspects of financial process, including AP and AR and be prepared to assist with and perform these duties as necessary.
- Track and schedule completion of association audits and association income tax returns. Review audit reports and post adjusting audit entries as necessary, ensuring that financials match auditor’s reports.
- Assist staff accountants in evaluating association’s cash flows and funds available for investment.
- Maintain professional relationships with Directors of Operations, General Managers and Property Managers.
- Maintain professional relationships with banking partners, investment partners, auditors etc. Continually seek out best opportunities and products available for homeowners.
- Assist with any new business development opportunities as relates to Association Management. Serve as a resource on association matters to staff in other EWDH locations.
Location: Beaver Creek Landing - Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $100k - $110k / year + Bonus Potential
- College degree with an accounting degree or suitable industry experience as a property Accountant and experience with computerized accounting operations.
- Three or more years of proven leadership experience, preferably in managing more than three direct reports and working with multiple senior managers.
- Excellent accounting and organizational skills.
- Must be service oriented; willing to support and deliver as necessary to ensure the success of the entire organization.
- May occasionally be required to travel and attend weekend meetings.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, complex correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write complex correspondence and present financial information in a logical format.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations including Board meetings.
- Excellent computer and technology skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and various accounting systems. Current accounting systems utilized include Microsoft Dynamics, IQware, RDP, RCC.
- Must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and provide evidence of full vaccination status to East West.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Epic Merchant Season Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West Hospitality at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.