Banquet Captain - The Charter
Join our team at The Charter in Beaver Creek, managed by East West Hospitality!
We are looking for a Banquet Captain with excellent attention to detail and ability to organize and multi-task while keeping a calm demeanor. If you are highly skilled in providing the best hospitality service for both guests and employees, we would love to meet you!
The Banquet Captain is responsible for coordinating with event services, culinary and banquet team members to ensure accuracy and execution of events as well as preparation for future events, and leads the setup, breakdown and cleaning of bar area, and all appropriate equipment before and after functions.
- Lead standup meetings for each function with servers
- Coordinate event setup, breakdown and cleaning of event spaces before and after events, ensuring adherence to the banquet event order and guest expectations
- Process bills with the utmost eye for accuracy
- Responsible for procurement and inventory control of all banquet beer, wine and liquor
- Responsible for all preparation of beverage service including specialized syrups, custom cocktails and drink menus
- Responsibly serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages during functions in line with The Charter brand standards
- Maintain a clean and organized banquet area, ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations
- Ensure a high level of guest satisfaction through effective communication with guests and addressing any concerns or issues in a timely and professional manner
- Coordinate with the Restaurant Manager, Executive Chef and culinary team to ensure the smooth operation of banquets and events
- Manage staffing levels and scheduling to ensure adequate coverage during banquets and events
- Work with the sales and marketing team to promote the hotel's banquet services, increase sales, and drive customer loyalty
- Other duties as requested by management
Location: The Charter - Beaver Creek, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $17 / hour + tips
Schedule: Flexible-must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Versed in all aspects of banquet foodservice including but not limited to buffet design, plated service, function setup, operation and breakdown
- 5 years previous food and beverage experience, preferably in the event/banquet style
- Previous team leadership or supervisory experience
- In order to maintain full time benefits, this candidate can and will have to work other positions in the resort during banquet down time
Benefits & Perks:
- Onsite Parking
- Free Shift Meals
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Health Insurance - Choose from three plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Epic Merchant Season Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus (Depending on start date)
- 401(K) Plan with Discretionary Employer Match
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Corporate Discounts with Perk Spot
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West:
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 100445582624