Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Ski Hotel in USA TODAY "10 Best Readers’ Choice" Travel Awards 2020 and is in the Top 40 Resorts in The Midwest and West by Condé Nast Traveler's RCA Awards 2020? Join our team at Viceroy Snowmass, managed by East West Hospitality.
Viceroy Snowmass, located in Snowmass Village, CO is looking for a Banquet Captain to join our team. If you enjoy working as a part of a team and have a motivated and positive attitude, we would love to meet you!
- Manage the Banquet employees, Banquet Set-up and communicating on a daily basis the changes and updates needed for execution.
- Creates, maintains and ensures compliance with Banquets Department policies, standards and procedures
- Oversees the entire event assigned including set-up, staffing, food, audio visual, and striking
- Exhibits proper knowledge of both alcoholic beverages and menu items
- Trains employees in the performance of all duties, and ensures that they adhere to Banquet Service standards and expectations
- Communicates with all internal managers prior to the banquet event to ensure all information is correct
- Informs staff of their responsibilities and assign them tasks and breaks if needed
- Inputs all Banquet Event Orders (BEO) information and processes final Banquet checks
- Communicates with event guests and ensures that the event is executed to standards
- Follows all health and safety regulations
- Anticipates the guests’ needs and responding appropriately with a sense of urgency
- Works as a team, assisting all guests’ and employee’s needs and inquiries
- Effectively communicates with management, Chefs, and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and/or other employees
- Order products based off the projected inventory on a weekly basis.
- Understands and communicates to colleagues the operating and maintenance procedures of all departmental equipment
- Supervises and approves the budgeting and ordering of departmental supplies
- Maintains a strong working relationship with Sales & Marketing and Food & Beverage to ensure effective communications for operational issues
- Maintains a strong working relationship with all departments to support hotel operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise through the general operation of the hotel
- Intervenes in any guest / colleague situation as needed to ensure the integrity of the hotel is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved and colleague well-being is preserved
- Maintains high visibility in public areas if requested
- Provides immediate assistance to guests as requested
- Ensures that all colleagues of the Banquets department understand and comply with Loss Prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs
- Empowers colleagues to provide excellent customer service
- Establishes effective and clear guidelines so colleagues understand expectations and parameters.
- Observes service behaviors of colleagues and provides individual feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance
- Attends and participates in weekly BEO meetings
- Each colleague is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management which the colleague is capable of performing
Location: Viceroy Snowmass
Stat Date: ASAP
Employment Status: On Call
Pay Rate: $15.00/ per hour plus tips
Schedule: Rotative schedule
Benefits & Perks:
Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- $6 Employee Lunch
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Degree preferred
- Hospitality Management Degree beneficial
- Minimum of 2 years in similar position at luxury resort required
- Ski Resort experience preferred
East West Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.
Viceroy Hotels & Resorts inspires travelers with one-of-a-kind authentic lifestyle experiences that bring together provocative design and intuitive service in sought-after locations. A leader in modern luxury, Viceroy’s vibe-led hospitality is guided by the brand promise "Remember to Live," an affirmation to create lifelong memories for each and every guest. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.