Building Engineer - Lake House
Job Title: Building Engineer
Reports To: Chief Building Engineer
Position Purpose/ Summary
Assist in and conduct the daily operations and maintenance of building systems including but not limited to: plumbing, electrical, HVAC, pool/spa, and other general maintenance requirements of facilities that vary from residential to commercial. Customer service, attention to detail and a proactive approach is required. Salary range: $16.00 - $19.00 per hour, based on experience. This position is from 9:30am - 6:00pm. One weekend day, On Call and holiday rotation required.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Immediate response to emergency situations (fire, evacuations, water mitigation, equipment failures, etc.)
- Perform work order requests
- Maintain logs and data reporting per Well Building Standard
- Perform preventative maintenance duties including but not limited to: changing filters, greasing motors, replacing lights, ballast and switches, temperature complaints, power outages, drains, patching and painting, etc.
- Conduct periodic equipment inspections
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agencies and company directives in regard to safety and building operations
- Maintain and ensure proper operation of life safety/fire systems/elevators
- Ability to read and interpret as-built drawings
- Snow removal and janitorial duties as required
- Maintain the physical appearance of the common areas
- Special projects and project management as requested by management
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Active listening skills
- Ability to gain & retain trust of internal and external customers
- Hands on, no job is beneath me approach
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications, office equipment and Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Ability to lift heavy objects when required
- Ability to work on one’s feet throughout the day
- Ability to walk up and down stairs
- Ability to work in extreme environments - extreme heat and extreme cold
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on scheduling needs; two weekend days and two weekdays for part time.
- Ability to be on call on a rotating shift
- Ability to be calm and resilient in emergency situations
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge/Skills and Experience
Education and/or Experience
- Sustained background in a variety of trades
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- General maintenance experience strongly preferred
- Must have a professional demeanor
- Must have a sincere desire to help people - owners, guests, staff & alike
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interpret As Builts, Blue prints, Operation Manuals (O&Ms) and Spec Sheets
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, residents, tenants or vendors.
- Effectively present information to top management, tenants and contractors
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence emails. Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively listen and comprehend homeowner, guest or vendor requests and concerns.
Variety of hand tools, power tools, snow blower, pressure washer, vacuum and building system equipment
- Microsoft Office
- Building Automation Systems
- Building Link
- Key bank and fob system
- Control Boards of building equipment such as fire alarm system, domestic water pumps, elevator control, etc.
Mathematical and Reasoning Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and the ability to read a tape.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified Pool and Spa Operator, current or ability to obtain