Catering & Events Manager
The Charter at Beaver Creek is looking for a self-motivated Catering & Events Manager. If you are detail oriented and a great communicator, we would love to meet you!
- Achieves a minimum of 90% of productivity goals and 100% of activity goals, as established by department director and General Manager.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and responding timely to incoming leads
- Responsible for all aspects of group needs at the point turnover is received after business has turned definite.
- Handle all group requests and other special requests.
- Upsell food and beverage to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Outline and explain BEOs to client and communicate needs to Resort staff.
- Communicate and interact with Food and Beverage Manager and Executive Chef to plan for special requests or changes as they occur.
- Understand and work creatively with room capacities and requested set ups.
- Work closely with EWH Sales & Marketing to support overflow business into EWH properties and pursue opportunities to promote The Charter’s function space and food and beverage outlets to EWH guests.
- Work closely with Accounting to ensure timely and accurate billing for groups and conferences.
- Maintain understanding of daily scheduled group functions, times, locations, amount of people and specified requirements, meetings and banquet rooms. Act as management resource to operations for inquiries, questions or conflicts.
- Manage reservation expectations of groups for room list or individual call in and communicate effectively with reservations department to ensure group receives their contracted room block, room types, rates and concessions.
- Attend weekly BEO review meetings, group resume & staff meeting to inform Department Heads about groups and resolve any discrepancies.
- Host pre and post event meetings as needed and remind all staff of proper SOP to ensure flawless meetings.
Location: The Charter, Managed by East West Hospitality - Beaver Creek, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $50k / year plus bonus potential
Schedule: Monday- Friday, 8am - 5pm, some weekends, evenings and holidays required. This is a hybrid position, and some work can be completed remotely.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university in hospitality management or business or like asset; OR six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years combined experience as a Sales Manager or in a related position in a luxury vacation rental or hotel company preferred
- Ability to work flexible schedule including breakfast, dinner, weekends and holidays
- Self motivated and enthusiastic
- Great Communicator
- Detail oriented/organized and able to multi task
- Must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and provide evidence of full vaccination status to East West.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life & Pet Insurance
- Epic Merchant Season Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West Hospitality at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.