Catering Sales and Events Manager
Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards and is one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work? Join our team at The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, managed by East West Hospitality.
At The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa we pride ourselves on providing the best hospitality experience in the Vail Valley, and we are looking for a Catering Sales and Events Manager to join our team!
- Responsible for coordination of all group related business generated by the Sales Department in addition to soliciting new catering accounts and weddings, entertaining and maintaining relationships with existing accounts to meet/exceed food and beverage revenue goals.
- Solicit new and existing accounts including weddings and local organizations to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and responding timely to incoming leads.
- Responsible for all aspects of group needs at the point turnover is received after business has turned definite.
- Experience with food and beverage and thorough knowledge of hotel banquet menus and capabilities to handle special requests. Ability to upsell on food and beverage to maximize revenue opportunities. Ability to outline and explain BEOs to client and communicate needs to staff. Comfortable interacting with Executive Chef and kitchen staff to plan for special requests or changes as they occur.
- Knowledge of staffing guidelines/requirements to set-up, service, turn and breakdown function spaces to ensure proper service standards for guest and manage labor expenses. Understand and work creatively with room capacities and requested set ups.
- Work closely with Accounting to ensure timely and accurate billing.
- Manage reservation expectations of groups for room list or individual call in and communicate effectively with reservations department to ensure group receives their contracted room block, room types, rates and concessions.
- Attend weekly EO review meetings, group resume & staff meeting to inform Department Heads about groups and resolve any discrepancies.
- Host pre-event and post-event meetings as needed and remind all staff of proper SOP to ensure flawless meetings.
- Host and coordinate tastings for wedding clients in coordination with our F&B team.
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa - Avon, CO
Start Date: February 15, 2021
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $50K - $55K plus quarterly bonus potential up to 20% of salary
Schedule: 8:30am-5pm and fluctuates based on events with Saturdays and evenings required at times
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- $6 Employee Lunch
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at eastwest.com.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from College or university in hospitality management or business or like asset; OR eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Four years combined experience in hospitality at an upscale establishment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests in a friendly and positive manner both in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to meet/exceed client needs, while supporting business goals of resort through strong probing and negotiation skills
- Ability resolve complaints.
- Knowledge of departmental interaction and organizational structure in a hospitality context.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Website and Internet Knowledge, ISAC a plus.
East West Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.