Coloradan Community Engagement Coordinator
The Coloradan, located at the heart of Denver's Union Station, in a neighborhood built deliberately for a new urban way of life. The Coloradan has 334 individually owned condo units with retail and restaurants on the street level. The Coloradan also features an 18th floor club room with pool/ spa deck that showcases the luxury and appeal of a new beautiful downtown Denver building. Community Engagement Coordinator will be an integral part of the development and creation of this new urban way of life.
The Community Engagement Coordinator serves as the commissioner of resident programs to include recreational, social, cultural, travel, and entertainment designed to enrich the quality of life and enhance the experience of "community" for residents. Responsibilities include program development, scheduling, administration of committees, newsletter development, and overall program promotion and publicity. The Community Engagement Coordinator ensures that all programs and services are conducted and fulfilled in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of The Coloradan.
- Plan, coordinate and implement programs, classes and community-wide events. As part of planning, solicits input and involvement from residents and management.
- Assist residents, committees, and community organizations in the scheduling of Association facilities, to include program and room requirements, coordination with other departments, and arrangements for the collection of fees as applicable.
- Oversee the operation of the activity registrations.
- Oversee the community garden and "farmers market" days.
- Oversee the New Resident Orientation presentations to ensure adequate promotion, room set-up, amenities, and community participation.
- Coordinates and facilitates holiday decorating of the common areas as well as events related.
- Coordinate the development and distribution of the Association newsletter and communications as assigned.
- Work with residents to assist in the establishment of committees. Provides assistance for the charter process, reservation of facility space, development and promotion of programs, file maintenance and acts as a general overseer for all things related.
- Develop an active volunteer program among residents, providing for both promoting involvement and recognition.
- Coordinates all other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
2-4 years’ experience in event planning. Strong skills in customer service/hospitality, communications, public relations and marketing. Knowledgeable in the negotiating process. High School Diploma or equivalent.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
Ability to write correspondence emails. Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively listen and comprehend homeowner, guest or vendor requests and concerns.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization in English.
Knowledge of Spanish a plus.
Computer, desk phone, key bank machine, copier/printer, tablet
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Mathematical and Reasoning Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Job Reference #: 90694268914