East West Partners is seeking a Construction Manager to join our team in Steamboat Springs, CO. If you have 5+ years experience in construction management and are an entrepreneurial thinker, we'd love to meet you! Come join the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards and is one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work!
The Construction Manager will lead all East West Steamboat construction matters (including individual buildings, public amenities and infrastructure projects). East West has several projects in various levels of design and construction in the Steamboat market and we are looking for a team player with extensive construction knowledge to provide the special expertise to the local East West team.
This role will be involved in multiple projects and will require the ability to balance your time independently. This role will report directly to the Market Manager, Ryan Stone.
- Be a flexible and meaningful member of the newly created East West Partners Steamboat team with an ability and a willingness to jump in and get the job done and perform any tasks needed to achieve company goals
- Regular, periodic reporting out to the project and partner teams on all activities
- Heavy involvement in building design with a focus on technical feasibility, constructability, cost, quality and sustainability
- Recommend and monitor sustainability measures including LEED certification
- Assistance in negotiation of architectural contracts and professional services provider contracts
- Carefully review all design drawings and specifications to ensure design intent and standards are met and to ensure completeness
- Oversee value engineering, as needed, at each design phase with support from ownership’s construction manager.
- Explore alternative construction methods with support from ownership’s construction manager, the design team, and general contractor
- Sourcing and maintaining GC and key subcontractor relationships
- Head up contract and GMP pricing negotiations with GC’s for the various project components
- Research/track vendor pricing on key project components to minimize contractor mark-up
- Attend various trade pre-installation meetings, as needed, for the completion of the work
- Institute and implement owner quality control, defect mitigation and job site safety best practicesincluding recommending and retaining 3rd party reviewers, inspectors, etc. as needed
- Review submittals and RFI’s. Coordinate with Lead Construction Manager for responses
- Lead owner contact with local building officials, fire department, water and sanitation department, public works and other local agencies that are critical to construction
- Ensure contractor compliance with local requirements to help ensure good community relations
- Lead owner’s rep at all OAC and other critical construction meetings
- Regularly track construction progress against schedule and provide guidance to GC on subcontractor performance and any required supplementation
- Interface with unit purchasers - particularly on any customization
- Manage project close out and punch list process
- Manage all warranty and defect claims
Financial / Reporting
- Lead owner’s rep for all contractor pay apps and retainage releases
- Negotiation, approval and tracking of all contractor change orders
- Preparation of periodic project reports as needed
- Tracking of insurance requirements, compliance with said requirements and certificate tracking including OCIP/CCIP, builder’s risk and all contractor and subcontractor policies.
Location: East West Partners - Steamboat Springs, CO. We would require any candidate to be full time in Steamboat Springs, CO within 60 days of hire with presence in market as needed from hire date through permanent relocation.
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Compensation: +/- $125k depending on experience
- 5+ years in a construction management role or equivalent comparable role
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, problem-solving, and organization skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Experience with construction management software like Procore, BIM 360, [others] is not required but are qualifications that will be considered.
- Self-motivated, team orientated, with strong time management skills
- Proven ability to work proficiently as part of a team
- Entrepreneurial thinker comfortable working in a really busy organization
- A willingness to learn and grow within a small team environment
- Must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and provide evidence of full vaccination status to East West.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ski Pass Program
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time (or Unlimited Time Off)
- Career Development Trainings
- Sabbatical Program
- Employee Assistance Program
East West Partners exists to create terrific places that bring people together, sharing meaningful experiences. We develop new communities, and improve existing ones, in ways that add lasting value. We aim to amplify what people love most about where they live, work and vacation. And we strive to be known as trusted partners and one of the industry’s best places to build a career. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Learn more about East West Partners at ewpartners.com.