East West Partners exists to create terrific places that bring people together. We develop new communities, and improve existing ones, in ways that add lasting value. We aim to amplify what people love most about where they live, work and vacation. We strive to be known as trusted partners and one of the real estate industry’s best places to build a career.
The company has developed some of the world’s top resort and urban communities, hotels and office buildings. Along the way, we’ve earned a reputation for innovation and design, from the famed escalators of Beaver Creek to the iconic train canopy at Denver’s Union Station. We are one of only three companies worldwide to have won three Urban Land Institute Awards for Excellence.
At East West Partners we offer more than just a job, we offer a fulfilling career with competitive compensation and benefits. We also have meaningful personal and professional growth opportunities.
If you’re passionate about making meaningful contributions in the workplace within a friendly culture, we invite you to explore whether our values and standards are a good fit for you and your skillset.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Our Park City Construction Manager will be responsible for all aspects of managing the construction process from design to delivery. We are currently building Founders Place Phase 1 and Phase 2 that will require our Construction Manager to process multiple projects in differing phases of development. While this is a project specific role, with our proven track record and existing relationships in the market, we expect to have active projects in Park City well into the future. This is a unique opportunity for an individual with natural attention to detail and excellent organizational skills, who equally enjoys collaborating with others and working independently with minimal supervision. This role requires adaptability and flexibility with responsibilities and priorities. A high degree of professionalism and confidentiality is a must.
Role: Market leader for all East West Park City construction matters. East West has several projects in various levels of design and construction in the Park City market and we are looking for a team player with extensive construction knowledge to provide construction expertise to the local East West team. This role will be involved in multiple projects and will require the ability to balance your time independently.
- Be a flexible and meaningful member of East West Partners Park City team with an ability and a willingness to jump in and get the job done and perform any tasks needed to achieve company goals.
- Manage all aspects of physical development from Design to Delivery of mid-rise resort condominium projects.
- Regular reporting out to the project and partner teams on all activities.
- Heavy involvement in building design with a focus on technical feasibility, constructability, cost, quality and sustainability.
- Recommend and monitor sustainability measures including LEED certification.
- Assistance in negotiation of architectural contracts and professional services provider contracts.
- Carefully review all design drawings and specifications to ensure design intent and standards are met and to ensure completeness.
- Oversee value engineering, as needed, at each design phase with support from ownership’s construction manager.
- Ensure design documents are interpreted for construction consistent with project vision.
- Explore alternative construction methods with support from the design team, and general contractor.
- Sourcing and maintaining GC and key subcontractor relationships.
- Head up contract and GMP pricing negotiations with GC’s for the various project components.
- Research/track vendor pricing on key project components to ensure conformance with GMP agreements.
- Attend various trade pre-installation meetings, as needed, for the completion of the work.
- Institute and implement owner quality control, defect mitigation and job site safety best practices…including recommending and retaining 3rd party reviewers, inspectors, etc. as needed.
- Review submittals and RFI’s.
- Lead owner contact with local building officials, fire department, water and sanitation department, public works and other local agencies that are critical to construction.
- Ensure contractor compliance with local requirements to help ensure good community relations
- Lead owner’s rep at all OAC and other critical construction meetings.
- Manage all warranty and defect claims.
- Regularly track construction progress against schedule and provide guidance to GC on subcontractor performance and any required supplementation.
- Lead owner’s rep for all contractor pay apps and retainage releases. Interface with unit purchasers through Owner Liaison for purchaser modifications and upgrades.
- Manage project close out and punch list process.
- Track insurance requirements, compliance with said requirements and certificate tracking including OCIP/CCIP, builder’s risk and all contractor and subcontractor policies
- Preparation of periodic project reports as needed
Location: Park City, Utah – we will require any candidate to be full time in the Park City vicinity within 60 days of hire and presence in market as needed from hire date through permanent relocation.
Collaboration: Reporting to the Project Manager and Managing Partner, this role will be an integral part of a concentrated team in the Park City market. You will collaborate closely with our Owner Liaison to ensure the future owners are kept up to date on the progress on their new home, while managing our consultants and contractors to execute on the high standards of these quality resort developments.
- Working both in the office on a computer and at the jobsite keeping track of progress.
- Small office environment
- Frequent work onsite in cold mountain environment
- Domestic travel; in-state and out of state
- A few 2-4-night travels per year
Benefits + Compensation:
- Salary: $120,000k-$160,000k (DOE) + discretionary annual bonus up to 10%, based on performance
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401k w/ discretionary employer match
- Long- and Short-Term Disability
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Maternity Leave
- Option of monthly cell phone stipend or join corporate plan and receive a company cell phone
- Annual ski pass or recreation program
- Prefer 5+ years in a construction management role as a Project Engineer, Project Manager, or Superintendent.
- Experience with construction management software like Procore, BIM 360, etc. is not required but preferred
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; able to analyze, problem-solve, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Terrific written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and team oriented with an ability to work in an office or on a jobsite with confidence
- Ability to engage professionally with teammates, leadership and equity partners alike
- Proven ability to work proficiently as part of a team
- Entrepreneurial thinker comfortable working in a really busy organization
- A willingness to learn and grow within a small team environment
- Highly attentive; able to make connections and contribute to the big picture
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Teams
Successful completion of reference and background checks required prior to employment.
Job Status: Full Time