Controller - HOA
Join our Beaver Creek Accounting team, managed by East West Hospitality!
We are seeking an experienced HOA Controller to oversee the accounting staff and all financial reporting functions for East West managed properties. The HOA Controller is a member of our accounting leadership team and must make a positive contribution both through actions and deeds to that team.
Serves as the financial liaison to all equity partners, condominium unit owners, business partners, asset management and Association board members. Will promote at all times a cooperative and problem-solving atmosphere, and conduct all business in a professional and courteous manner. Must handle confidential information, including financial information, in an appropriate manner.
Duties Include but not limited to:
- Create an environment of comfortable hospitality for teammates, owners and guests. Maintain a positive "open door" communications policy with all staff members.
- Supervise Accounting personnel, including hiring, training, counseling with job descriptions, training requirements and performance standards for each position; keep staff informed through regularly scheduled meetings, written memos, etc.
- Regularly review work of subordinates to ensure compliance with company standards and provide feedback and support.
- Expert in tools used to manage vacation rentals and homeowner systems, including property management, accounting, and reporting software.
- Work directly and closely with Directors of Operation, Controller, and VP of Accounting on monthly planning and preparation, financial analysis, etc. Provide financial support to Directors of Operations and Property Managers as needed.
- Provide support for Staff Accountants as needed and provide backup for departmental turn-over.
- Review financial reports and assist in audit preparation.
- Present financial information in Board Meetings in a professional and articulate manner.
- Prepare reports which summarize and forecast HOA activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and cash flow based on past, present, and expected operations in a timely manner and in compliance with GAAP.
- Prepare annual budgets and forecasts working with the Directors of Operations and Property Managers.
- Prepare and review financial statements within required deadlines. Distribute to appropriate personnel with pertinent supporting information. Respond to inquiries and requests regarding financial information.
- Prepare reconciliations and review reconciliations completed by others. Ensure that reconciling items clear in the following period.
- Ensure accounting records and appropriate reports are prepared accurately and punctually and maintained up to date (i.e. sales tax, 1099’s).
- Assist with all other tasks and projects as directed by management.
Location: Avon, CO
**With the potential to have a flexible/remote schedule**
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $90,000 - $100,000/year with 7% bonus potential
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Experience with process improvement and governance in an accounting and finance department.
- Accounting degree or suitable industry experience as a Property Controller and experience with computerized accounting operations.
- Advanced knowledge of computer systems and Excel. Candidate would become expert in specific systems in place upon hiring.
- Ability to resolve problems involving multiple variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to implement creative solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to supervise others, excellent accounting and organizational skills.
- May occasionally be required to travel.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from three plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Winter Incentive Program
- 401(K) Plan with discretionary Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces
- Corporate Discounts with Perk Spot
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West Hospitality at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 99990046196