East West Hospitality is seeking an experienced Corporate Controller for our Corporate Office. The Corporate Controller directly oversees the financial reporting, accounting, tax and risk management functions of the company and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies. This role oversees the financial reporting and provides support to designated division Controllers and promotes, at all times, a cooperative and problem-solving atmosphere.
- Directly prepares or provides oversight of the preparation of financial statements for multiple subsidiaries and affiliated companies.
- Reviews EWH division monthly financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meets with EC monthly to review Shared Services departmental financial statements and forecasts and provides report to CFO.
- Schedules and meets with company leads regularly to review financial statements. Provides routine reports as required with variance analysis.
- Reviews and approves all disbursements for designated companies.
- Prepares consolidated monthly cash flow statements and oversees overall cash management of EWH.
- Works directly with divisional Controllers to manage cash and AR.
- Prepares reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations in a timely manner and in compliance with Corporate directives.
- Adheres to all policies/procedures in the EWH Controller manual.
- Ensures compliance with established accounting policies and procedures ensuring that control measures are in place and practiced.
- Supervises the Accounting staff - including: hiring, training, counseling with job descriptions, training requirements and performance standards for each position; keeps staff informed through regularly scheduled meetings, written memos, etc.
- Prepares or provides oversight of the annual budgets and forecasts of all companies; prepares the Accounting and Personnel department budgets, operates these departments at or below budgeted costs.
- Manages/coordinates/oversees the annual audit/review process.
- Manages/coordinates/oversees the annual preparation of tax returns (coordinates with our tax partner)
- Communicates all necessary information to other departments and works with other departments on accounting related issues.
- Prepares and coordinates reporting requirements and audits of regulatory agencies.
- Oversees the Fixed Asset system.
- Oversees the EWH Financial reporting systems, forecasting systems and accounting applications.
- Assists in strategic planning and management meetings, carries out additional duties and special projects as needed or assigned.
- Attends all regularly scheduled meetings (property, regional or corporate)
- Oversees accounting and budgeting for capital expenditures to include: analysis of bids, up-to date accounting and depreciation.
- Establishes or recommends to management major economic objectives and policies for the division.
Location: Corporate Office - Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $120 - $140k
- 4 year accounting degree or suitable industry experience as a property controller
- Experience with computerized hotel accounting operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability of supervising and leading a team
- Strong accounting and organizational skills.
- Helpful, friendly attitude, professional disposition, and courteous manner.
- Promoter of a cooperative and problem-solving atmosphere.
- Ability to handle confidential information including financial information, in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding financial reports, business correspondence, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, clients, customers, etc.
- Strong reasoning ability including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from three plans!
- Dental, Vision, Accident, Life & Pet Insurance
- $1000 Wellness Bonus/ Year
- Onsite Parking
- 401(K) Plan with discretionary Employer Match
- Unlimited Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Volunteer Pay - 8 hours of volunteer hours per year paid
- Discounts at Marriott properties worldwide
- 20% Discount on the broker commission for real estate deals through SSF
- Discounts at Eye Pieces
- PerkSpot Discounts - shopping discounts
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.