Director of Data Engineering & Analytics
East West Hospitality is seeking a Director of Data Engineering & Analytics. This role will be responsible for transforming our current on-premises solution into a business enabling cloud-based solution that delivers insights to stakeholders and leaders through a combination of self-service analysis and regular reporting. The ideal candidate will be:
- Independent - Able to take the vision and execute on it
- Curious - Looking beyond what we're asking for and delivering what we actually need
- Able to execute on the task of architecting a technical solution
- Able to manage vendors
- Business partner - Work across the revenue, finance, and operational departments to understand and identify reporting and analytics needs.
- Strategic planning - Develop data analytics and reporting roadmap based on business needs.
- Design & Implementation - Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of the organization’s data infrastructure, data management and governance, data reporting and visualization solutions.
- Vendor/Tool management - Responsible for evaluating and selecting the technologies and tools needed for East West data solutions.
Location: Denver or Avon, CO preferred; Remote Candidates will be considered. Corporate office is located in Avon, CO.
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $135 - 165k DOE + 12.5% bonus potential
- Hands-on experience road mapping and setting company-wide data and analytics strategy.
- Hands on implementation, this role will initially be responsible for architecture and build out of the identified solutions.
- Experience in data governance and stewardship.
- Understanding of the architectural components of a data platform, to include items such as data movement zones, data architectural components, and data science support.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud data infrastructure (Snowflake, AWS, Azure), data reporting/visualization platforms (Tableau, PowerBI), data science tools (Python, R, Dataiku), data engineering (SQL, orchestration, database management) and master data and code management platforms (Git).
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience building and leading Business Intelligence, Data Science, and Data Engineering teams; minimum of 7 years progressive work experience in Data Analytics.
- Proven track record of managing complex analytics projects from inception to completion.
- Background in statistical modeling, data mining, and use of analytics to solve business problems.
- Certifications including AWS Certified Machine Learning Specialty, CAIP, SAS Certified Data Scientist, CDS, CAP, or Microsoft Azure Data Scientist Associate a plus.
- Working knowledge or experience with ML and AI a plus.
- Hospitality technology experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent service skills.
- Strong track record of partnering with operational leaders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from three plans!
- Dental, Vision, Accident, Life & Pet Insurance
- $1000 Wellness Incentive / Year (based on eligibility)
- 401(K) Plan with Discretionary Employer Match
- Unlimited Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Volunteer Pay - 8 hours of volunteer hours per year paid
- Discounts at Marriott properties worldwide
- 20% Discount on the broker commission for real estate deals through SSF
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- PerkSpot Discounts - shopping discounts
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We strive to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong.
We are: Entrepreneurial, Local, Transparent, Supportive, Personal, and Collaborative.
Based in Colorado, East West Hospitality has more than 30 years of success in a diversity of businesses including association, rental and property management, hotels, spas, fitness, restaurants, and retail operations. EWH actively manages over 85 Homeowner Associations and more than 2,500 units with over 1,300 employees in Colorado, Utah, South Carolina, California, and Hawaii.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.