Director of Food & Beverage
Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards and is one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work? Join our team at The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, managed by East West Hospitality.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Food & Beverage. If you are a strategic and innovative thinker, have exceptional leadership skills, and a proven track record of initiating and championing new concepts through successful implementation, we would love to meet you!
The Director of Food and Beverage provides visionary and operational oversight and support to the F&B operations at The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa to deliver the best resort F&B experience in the valley. It provides leadership, strategy and direction to drive revenue growth and profitability through exceptional guest service and quality product standards. Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of F&B has primary responsibility for administering all aspects of the food and beverage operations by developing, leading and mentoring the team and implementing strategic plans necessary for short and long-term growth. This role is responsible for implementing, enhancing and refining creative F&B concepts in support of F&B trends and conjunction with the Resort’s brand, and business initiatives. F&B responsibility will include all restaurant, bar, lounge, in-room dining, market, banquets, and all F&B outlet operations at the resort and/or offsite catering.
- Coach, Mentor and develop staff while providing oversight and direction to employees
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among food and beverage department that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, support and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed
- Achieve budgeted revenue goals through promotion, product and pricing of all food and beverage operations
- Manage clear and effective information flow to all stakeholders
- Understand the unique F&B needs and requirements of full-service brand hotels and effectively collaborate with Hotel Operations, Spa & Club, Brand Relations & QA, Revenue Strategies and Legal to ensure that initiatives and programs are well communicated to all stakeholders and that any issues resulting from those programs are quickly identified and resolved
- Working knowledge of industry and Westin quality assurance programs to include various audit requirements and any accompanying computer-based systems to protect brand integrity and improve F&B guest satisfaction and review scores
- Test and/or pilot F&B products, programs, concepts and services, identifying operational implications prior to full-scale rollout
- Work with Executive Chef and RSR, develop menus and recipes
- Lead efforts relating to the recruitment, hiring, and training of key F&B management
- Identify, support and promote the development of F&B talent through effective training programs and initiatives
- Establish and maintain a strong training program and ongoing initiatives to support a culture of excellence
- Ensure standard operating procedures and tools exist for all F&B operations. Identify process improvements
- Ensure all F&B entities comply with food safety & sanitation standards
- Effectively collaborate with other departments in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to effectively manage and be responsive to multiple stakeholders with competing priorities while delivering successful, measurable results.
- Offering recommendations, based upon sound market research and analysis, that will broaden East West Hospitality’s ability to remain forward-thinking in providing innovative service offerings in the F&B space optimizing profitability
- Collaborate with marketing and PR efforts to ensure proper promotion and advertising of F&B operations
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa - Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $125,000/ year with bonus potential
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life & Pet Insurance
- Epic Merchant Season Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus
- Onsite Parking
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Unlimited Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at eastwest.com.
- Culinary or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred, or a combination of training, experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential duties of the position
- At least seven years of food and beverage experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- Leadership in luxury resort hotel and restaurant experience preferred
- Previous Director or Food and Beverage operation experience preferred
- Strategic and innovative thinker combined with exceptional leadership skills with a proven track record of initiating and championing new concepts through successful implementation.
- Exceptional skill in problem solving and leveraging resources to optimize discipline capabilities
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to resolve issues through negotiations, analysis, alignment, relationship skills and communication.
- Bilingual preferred
- Solid computer skills with expertise in preparing Excel spreadsheets and proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is required
- Must demonstrate an ability to quickly adapt to new computer programs and software as introduced throughout the organization
East West Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.