Director of Human Resources
Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards AND is one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work? Join our team at The Viceroy Snowmass, managed by East West Hospitality.
Viceroy Snowmass, a luxury resort in Snowmass Village, Colorado, is looking for an experienced Director of Human Resources. If you enjoy working as a part of a team and have a motivated and positive attitude, we would love to meet you!
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the efficient administration and management of the Human Resources function to include recruiting, training, colleague relations, policies and procedures, wage/benefit administration, compliance with statutory requirements and the execution of employee relation activities, in order to provide each department with the personnel, guidance, and support necessary to achieve their customer service and business objectives.
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates the Human Resources Department's strategy in conjunction with East West Hospitality guidelines and initiatives
- Advises mangers on how best to resolve colleague issues and concerns; counsels with colleagues and managers, as needed
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resources (including administration)
- Develop, direct, and oversee overall hotel recruitment and hiring activities
- Thorough knowledge of various Human Resources policies, procedures, federal and state laws, compliance practices, standards and government regulations
- Ability to exercise judgment in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources
- Ability to meet established deadlines and demonstrate excellent time management and efficiency
- Create, coordinate and execute training initiatives
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent relations with colleagues and management and maintain confidentiality
- Work involves the application of professional knowledge and personal judgment to a variety of technical personnel and managerial problems and issues
- Executes and follows-up on Colleague Loyalty Survey and related activities
Location: Viceroy Snowmass - Snowmass Village, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: The budgeted range starts at $115,000 / year + bonus potential. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
- Ideal candidate is a seasoned HR professional with a minimum of four years of experience in leading the HR function, preferably in a high-end resort or hospitality environment. Will consider less HR experience if in conjunction with operational leader experience in high-end resort or hospitality environment. Combination of experience and education also considered.
- Proven track record of partnering with operational leaders to create and drive meaningful and impactful HR programs
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Must have a positive attitude and be service oriented
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with, or the ability to quickly learn, the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems (Cadient Talent, Cornerstone & UKG)
- Proficient in communicating in Spanish a plus, but not required
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
Benefits & Perks:
- Executive Committee Bonus Plan
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Unlimited Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West:
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.