Director of Operations
East West Hospitality has an exciting opportunity to direct and coordinate all activities of our South Carolina property management division. The Director of Operations is a Senior Leader and will oversee all employees and property management operations in the greater Charleston area, including but not limited to Homeowners Associations, Vacation Rentals, Homecare and Condo Hotels. This position leads a team of collaborative and professional employees and works closely with all shared services departments to maximize engagement, as well as drive efficiencies and profits for the division.
If you are an entrepreneur and independent thinker who thrives on building enduring relationships, has a passion for property management and enjoys leading a team, we would love to meet you!
- Leads the South Carolina team through upholding EWH’s culture of doing the right thing and building enduring relationships. Hires, trains, coaches and counsels employees to ensure they are able to meet expectations and thrive in their roles
- Takes a leadership role in South Carolina, cultivating and nurturing relationships while driving and supporting new business opportunities.
- Works closely with South Carolina’s accounting team to achieve or exceed financial budgeted goals for the Division, ensure all revenue and expenses are tracked, and to review and manage monthly P&L statements.
- Attends all homeowner association board meetings and annual meetings in support of the Managers, when needed.
- Ensures maximum profits through monitoring the managers cost and labor control strategies and results. Provides feedback and support as a continual way of making the necessary adjustments for sustaining long term success at each property.
- Creates directives to managers outlining policy, program, and operations changes to be implemented.
- Works closely with managers on all capital projects; planning, approval and execution.
- Oversees property matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws as well as in compliance with Board directives and governing documents.
- Ensure all service standards are developed, trained and applied by every employee. Review procedure and training manuals for all operating areas.
- Reviews with managers all cash handling procedures and key control.
- Works closely with the Director of Finance on budgeting and forecasting for the Division.
- Meets monthly with all Managers to review operations and budget forecasts.
- Ensures all properties coordinate activities with other departments while maintaining excellent communication and relationships with all operating areas.
- Develops and recommends the South Carolina budget, labor cost plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans.
- Ensures employee awareness and compliance to all company safety and security policies and procedures. Ensure employee, owner and guest safety by proper training and maintenance of equipment and work area.
- Supports and adheres to East West Family of Companies cultural, wellness, learning & development, and diversity & inclusion initiatives including but not limited to THRIVE and PRINT.
Work Location: Office is located in Charleston, South Carolina
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Start Date: ASAP
The ideal candidate should have the following qualities and experience
- A minimum of 10-years of Homeowner/Community Association project or portfolio experience is required
- Community Association Manager certification required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management or related field preferred, or a combination of training, experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential duties of the position
- Ability to effectively present information to company leadership, employees, boards of directors, owners and members of the general public
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to resolve issues through negotiations, analysis, alignment, relationship skills and communication
- Solid computer skills with expertise in preparing Excel spreadsheets and proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is required
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Career Development Trainings
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West:
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.