Join our team at The Charter at Beaver Creek, managed by East West Hospitality, named Best Property Management by Best of Vail Valley!
We are seeking a facilities Engineer III with education and experience to join the Engineering Team at one of our premier properties: The Charter in Beaver Creek. The person in this role will be repair, maintain, install, and troubleshoot systems, machines, tools, and equipment for the purpose of providing well-maintained building, grounds, irrigation, and utility systems of the properties in order to ensure a satisfactory guest experience as well as keep the Association buildings in good condition, and to provide leadership and training to engineering staff regarding specific engineering projects. This position provides opportunities for career development and growth within a world class organization.
If you have a knowledge of engineering principles, analytical skills used to evaluate building systems and structures, and are self motivated, we would love to meet you!
- Inspect and evaluate systems, machines, tools, and equipment such as heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing, electrical systems to ensure proper functioning or identify current or potential problems
- Make informed recommendations for changes or updates to systems, machines, tools, or equipment for the purposes of effectiveness, economy, or improved guest experience
- Maintenance: Performing routine preventive maintenance and maintenance and installations for special projects
- Repairs: Identify or respond to necessary repairs
- Troubleshoot: Troubleshoot problems or necessary repairs using readily available materials and independent research to determine the cause of failure and determine the best solution for repair or replacement
- Utilize Preventative Maintenance Software: Lead team in further implementation and usage of preventative maintenance software to track maintenance on assets; assist team with usage
- Communication: Communicating with management, supervisor, and engineering staff regarding issues and status of projects
Location: The Charter, Managed by East West Hospitality - Beaver Creek, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $29-$34/ hour ($60,000 - 70,000 annually) DOE + $2,000 signing bonus to be paid after 3 months' work + reimbursement up to a maximum of $1,000 toward first month's rent
Schedule: 5 days a week, days of week negotiable
- Engineering: Knowledge of engineering principles that can be applied to facilities maintenance
- Analysis: Ability to evaluate building systems and structures to identify current or potential problems and to make recommendations
- Self-Motivated: Ability to identify issues and solutions independently
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, co-workers and other departments
- Any one of the following: (i) Bachelor’s or Associates degree in engineering, facilities maintenance or similar; (ii) a certificate from college or trade school in engineering, facilities maintenance or similar along with three to six months related experience and/or training; (iii) a licensed plumber or licensed HVAC repair technician
- Troubleshooting using readily available materials and independent research
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from three plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life & Pet Insurance
- Epic Merchant Season Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus - depending on start date
- 401(K) Plan with Discretionary Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West Hospitality at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 100072888122