Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards and is one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work? Join our team at The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, managed by East West Hospitality.
At The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa we pride ourselves on providing the best hospitality experience in the Vail Valley, and we are looking for an Executive Assistant who has a guest focus and interpersonal savvy to support the General Manager and Executive Committee in fulfilling that commitment to our guests.
As Executive Assistant you will act as an extension for the General Manger and Executive Committee, representing the resort and Executive Office in the same manner as the General Manager.
- Producing information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text, data and graphics.
- Conserves GM’s time by reading, researching and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications and distributing information as appropriate and requested.
- Maintains GM’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel. May include scheduling personal appointments for GM and balancing appointment schedule to support and promote life/work balance.
- Maintain Executive Committee Action Item document.
- Prepare meeting packets and power point presentations with provided documents and input.
- Answer calls and review incoming emails, faxes, mail, etc. Determine purpose of the communication and respond or forward appropriately.
- Works actively with the leadership team to drive company culture, vision, mission and values.
- Coordinates Associate Advocate Meetings and activities as requested, such as quarterly recognition events, holiday parties, birthdays/anniversaries, volunteer/community events.
- Coordinates annual EC Retreat, Seasonal Manager Meetings, Vail Valley GM Meetings and other meetings/events to be determined.
- Assists with, coordinates, prepares drafts of regular resort newsletters (Daily Focus, Monthly GM Newsletter, Riverfront Insider). Update back of house bulletin boards. Involvement may vary by communication type. Ensures communications are distributed timely.
- Answer requests from guests and others regarding favors, gift certificates and provide requested information or direct to appropriate source.
- Responds to Trip Advisor reviews, and other guest reviews or complaints directed to the General Manager.
- Manages all VIPs by arranging reservations, welcome amenities, handwritten notes and special requests.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries. Provide support as Lobby Ambassador.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information: Development Center Training reports, GuestVoice, Avendra, Expense reports and coding of charges.
- Updates in room TV systems Guest Room Entertainment with relevant information on resort.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions by calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Become a Colorado Notary Public and assist as needed with notarizing documents.
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa - Avon, CO
Start Date: December 14, 2020
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round (32 hours/ week)
Pay Rate: $22 - $24/ hour DOE
Schedule: 32 hours/ week - could be four 8 hour days or five 6.4 hour days. Must work onsite at the Westin Riverfront.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life & Pet Insurance
- Epic Merchant Season Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus
- Onsite Parking
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- $6 Employee Lunch
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at eastwest.com.
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role
- Excellent MS Office knowledge
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Tech Savvy - Familiarity with office equipment and applications (e.g. e-calendars and copy machines)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Presentation skills
- Ability to instill trust in others
- Reporting skills
- Knowledge of supply management and travel logistics
East West Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.