Join our Accounting team at East West Hospitality!
We are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our Accounting team for EWH managed properties/associations. The Financial Accountant will be responsible for preparing and maintaining financial records, reconciling accounts, and preparing financial reports. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented individual with excellent analytical and communication skills and experience working with financial accounting software. This position will support other staff members who contribute to the financial process. If you are detail oriented and a critical thinker, we would love to meet you!
- Prepare and maintain financial records, including recording transactions, reconciling accounts, and verifying accuracy.
- Prepare financial statements, including the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement.
- Assist with the month-end close process, including preparing journal entries, accruals, and other adjusting entries.
- Prepare financial reports, including variance analysis, budget vs actuals, and other ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Monitor and maintain financial accounting software and systems, ensuring they are up to date and accurate.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis.
- Assist with the year-end audit process, including preparing schedules and providing supporting documentation.
- Provide support to senior accounting staff and management as needed.
- Assist with all other special tasks and projects as directed by management.
- Communicates clearly and often.
- Cultivates and maintains enduring relationships, founded in trust, with team members, peers, and supervisors.
- Supports and upholds East West Hospitality’s vision, mission and values and works to ‘do the right thing’ for all stakeholders including our owners, guests, and employees.
Location: Benchmark Road - Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $26-29 / hour DOE
Schedule: Monday- Friday 9am-5pm
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field,
- 3+ years related experience and/or training is preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of financial accounting principles and financial regulations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to interpret financial data and make recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional communication skills, with an ability to communicate financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Experience with financial accounting software, such as QuickBooks or Xero.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations including Board meetings.
- Ability to train and cross train with other staff members.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from three plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Winter Incentive Program
- 401(K) Plan with discretionary employer match
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Corporate Discounts with Perk Spot
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West Hospitality at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100337081529