General Manager - The Gadsden
East West Hospitality (EWH) is hiring a Community Association General Manager for The Gadsden in downtown Charleston, SC. This onsite General Manager position will handle all daily operations, instill trust, and build enduring relationships with employees, The Board and owners.
The Gadsden community is a 76-unit project built in 2018. The General Manager will work with the Board of Directors and provide them with the guidance and management oversight necessary for their association. The General Manager should have advanced interpersonal, communication, and time management skills and be able to manage all aspects of a community association.
Leads one (1) Assistant Manager of the onsite team and works closely with our maintenance team members with the EWH Chief Engineer.
- Execute all administrative and operational requirements of the association
- Schedule, prepare, and attend regular board meetings
- Prepare and present the annual budget to the Board of Directors
- Analyze monthly financial reports, oversee, and approve payment of services provided to community, collection of assessments, and collaborate with controller on all financial matters
- Create monthly management reports
- Contact, coordinate, and supervise vendors for community maintenance, contracts and projects
- Complete daily administrative tasks including architectural request processing, access control system management, invoice review, document retention, etc.
- Be knowledgeable about Community Governing Documents, Policies and Procedures, and ARB Guidelines
- Prepare and disseminate community emails and newsletters, as well as maintain website
- Maintain positive professional relationships with Board of Directors, owners, and vendors
- Coordinates with the maintenance team on association and owner maintenance work orders
- Responsible for planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance of the Assistant Property Manager; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Location: Charleston, SC
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: DOE
- 5+ years of Community Association experience preferred
- CMCA , AMS preferred
- Outgoing personality and ability to lead
- Great time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong PC skills, Microsoft Office skills required (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from three plans!
- Dental, Vision, Accident. and Pet Insurance
- Life Insurance
- $1000 Wellness Bonus / year
- 401(K) Plan with discretionary Employer Match
- Unlimited Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Corporate Discounts with Perk Spot
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West Hospitality at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.