East West Hospitality is looking for a General Manager for The Grand Aspen Resort, a luxury fractional ownership resort located in the heart of Aspen, CO.
The General Manager will be responsible for overall operations of The Grand Aspen Resort including everything related to the owner, guest, and employee experience; overseeing the financial statements; and sales and marketing for the resort.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Association, including but not limited to, the coordination of all operations departments to ensure a rewarding guest and owner experience.
- Support the department managers in their decision-making processes. Create achievable goals and strategies for managers and their teams, tracking progress regularly.
- Oversee all bookkeeping and accounting tasks associated with the business. Responsible for the accurate financial budgeting, accounting and reporting of balance sheets, income statements, replacement reserve, accounts receivables and legal proceedings to Board of Managers and Owners.
- Direct all effective communication with Owners, Guests, staff, support departments, vendors and the community efficiently, consistently portraying a positive image.
- Oversee Month End revenue and expense tasks, including reconciliation of work orders and housekeeping charges. Control the annual billing and monthly statement process for owners and answer any financial questions from owners. Responsible for the billing and collection of dues assessments, the application of late fees and interest charges, liaise with the collection agency, and perform all tasks associated with the lien and foreclosure processes.
- Liaise with contractors, designers, and repairmen to ensure that property projects are completed per Board direction. Manage repair/maintenance and capital projects for the building, grounds, and common areas.
- Facilitate Board of Director, Committee, and Annual Homeowner meetings, including but not limited to, the creation of dynamic presentations and presiding over strategic decision-making processes.
- Efficient in all perfunctory duties and systems: Phones, computer and network equipment, verbal and written communication, presentations, email communication, Microsoft Suite of products, Internet, and social media channels.
- After-hours Manager on Call. Respond to all fire and medical emergencies on property. Devise and implement safety and evacuation plans. Understand all life safety systems and maintain relationships with local police and fire agencies. Assist Owners and Guests with after-hours needs or maintain a program to do so.
- Create and maintain very clear operating standards, "verbal and written", for all Operational Departments. This includes standards for unit presentation, cleanliness, timeliness of repairs, and placement of FF&E, collateral material, welcome scripts and amenities. Standards should meet if not exceed industry accepted standards for high-end shared-ownership resort properties.
- Maintain operational compliance with Association Rules and Regulations, including - and more specifically - the Owner Reservation Use Plan.
Location: The Grand Aspen Resort, Managed by East West Hospitality - Aspen, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $150k - $175k DOE + Potential Annual Bonus
- Undergraduate degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university, business or hospitality major preferred. 3+ years experience directly managing guest service, staff, and departmental expenses. An additional 4+ years of direct hospitality experience can be considered in place of an undergraduate university degree.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Proficient in property management systems, email, MS Office suite and social media.
- Must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and provide evidence of full vaccination status to East West.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West Hospitality at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.
Job Reference #: 97164973423