Guest Services Concierge
Act as a representative for Tahoe Mountain Lodging (TML), the destination and the division, including making special arrangements, answering telephones, and responding to guest requests.
1. Ensure that TML standards of service are delivered at all times.
2. Responsible for cleanliness of lobby, public areas, concierge area and reporting of outside grounds issues.
3. Answer phones in a courteous and timely manner.
4. Receive pre-stay correspondence and arrange for activities and lift ticket sales.
5. Respond to guest requests in an efficient, timely and professional manner. Pre-arrival calls are to be made, at minimum, two weeks in advance of the reservation.
6. Volunteer accurate, thorough information about the resort, the destination, activities, restaurants and events in the area, and make arrangements for them.
7. Provide exceptional service to customize guest needs.
8. Act as a liaison amongst the guests, other departments, and village service and amenity providers as well the ski company and its resort services.
9. Be knowledgeable of all safety and security policies and procedures
10. Monitor and replenish refreshments in lobby area, including those purchased exclusively for the use of the concierge department
11. Communicate with two-way radio in clear and concise manner.
1. Additional duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
2. Attend department and all-host meetings as required.
3. Assist with Guest Reception duties as needed (will be scheduled to cover Guest Reception shifts).
Because of the fluctuating demands of the operation, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, employees will be expected to help others when the occasion arises. Accordingly, employees may be expected to perform other tasks not specifically addressed above.
Promote at all times a cooperative and problem solving atmosphere. Conduct all business in a professional and courteous manner. Must also honor and adhere to the following Hospitality Top Ten at all times.
1. I will be well-groomed
2. I will smile
3. I will make eye contact
4. I will use attentive postures
5. I will greet & welcome my guests
6. I will be knowledgeable about my destination, my division and local attractions
7. I will make suggestions
8. I will be patient
9. I will take responsibility for inquiries and problems
10. I will thank my guests
Strong computer and phone skills along with knowledge of Tahoe Mountain Lodging, Northstar California, and the Tahoe area are preferred. Communication and teamwork are important aspects of the position.