Guest Services Host
Perform all duties of Guest Services at the Village at Northstar, including the check-in/out of guests (which will require information sharing and cash/credit card handling), answering telephones, responding to guest requests and completion of shift reports. Act as the ambassador for Owners and Guests; including making special arrangements. Additional duties may be assigned as required.
- Greet guests and assure the integrity services and amenities.
- Check in and out owners, owner’s guests, and paying individuals in a professional, courteous, and informative manner in accordance with the company’s service standards.
- Update computer daily with check-in and checkout status. Monitor correct housekeeping status or occupancy of units.
- Ensure that standards of service, front office policies and procedures are followed.
- Be familiar with information pertaining to services, amenities and activities available in the Village as well as the North Lake Tahoe and Truckee area.
- Be familiar with reservation policies and procedures and be capable of accurately answering questions and referring owners to appropriate reservation agents.
- Be familiar with rental residence’s packages (i.e. house wares, linen, audio/video, art, etc.)
- Prepare arrival guest packets with necessary parking permits, direction maps, and all necessary room and common area keys.
- Perform departure reviews and process any outstanding balance due guest transactions, collect key cards and ski locker keys at checkout.
- Responsible for cleanliness of reception lobby and guest reception areas.
- Support, promote, and participate in the Company Safety Program by attending monthly safety training meetings.
- Will be responsible to know and perform night audit procedures as well as charging guest/owner’s folios correctly upon arrival and departure.
1. Stock guest reception area with brochures and supplies. Order supplies for copy and fax machines.
2. Distribute mail, faxes, and messages to other employees.
3. Answer phones in a courteous and timely manner; take accurate housekeeping and maintenance requests. Call guest back with estimated completion time. Complete detailed work orders and distribute them appropriately. Contact guest to ensure they are satisfied.
4. Respond to guest requests in an efficient, timely, and professional manner.
5. Be familiar with the area, the activities offered, and be able to share such information upon request.
6. Act as a liaison between the guest and all other departments.
7. Notify housekeeping of any and all special requests for Services.
8. Be knowledgeable of all Emergency, Safety and security policies and procedures.
9. Ensure that standards of service are delivered at all times.
10. Volunteer accurate, thorough information about the resort, the destination, activities, restaurants and events in the area, and make arrangements for them.
11. Provide exceptional service to customize guests’ stays.
12. Provide critical feedback to management on ways to improve efficiency and customer service.
13. Able to open, close and otherwise secure the Guest Reception area at the Village at Northstar.
14. Able to accurately operate a cash drawer and balance all receipts, cash and paperwork in the manner dictated by the Accounting standards.
15. Responsible for neat and trim appearance in accordance with EWH standards.
16. May occasionally need to supervise, teach, or give instruction to co-workers.
17. Attend department and all-staff meetings as required.
18. Promote at all times a cooperative and problem-solving atmosphere.
19. Conduct all business in a professional and courteous manner.
20. Provide best possible service to the guest, while maintaining a safe environment for both guests and employees.
21. Report any suspicious activity or unsafe conditions to a supervisor.
22. Arrive to work properly attired and ready to work.
23. Receive, log, and distribute deliveries.
Promote at all times a cooperative and problem solving atmosphere. Conduct all business in a professional and courteous manner. Must also honor and adhere to the following hospitality top 10’s at all times (below).
- I will be well-groomed
- I will smile
- I will make eye contact
- I will use attentive postures
- I will greet & welcome my guests
- I will be knowledgeable about my destination, my division and local attractions
- I will make suggestions
- I will be patient
- I will take responsibility for inquiries and problems
- I will thank my guests
Reports to Director of Guest Services followed by Director of Vacation Experience..
Must have a professional appearance and demeanor, strong attention to detail, ability to sit or stand for long periods of time, be able to work well with others, be self-motivated, and reliable. Good "people skills" are necessary-must enjoy interaction with people. A high school diploma or GED is required. Work experience must include previous customer service.
1. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
2. Ability to speak effectively to clients and team members.
3. Ability to communicate clearly in person, by phone and through email.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.