Guest Services Manager - The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa
Join our team at The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, managed by East West Hospitality!
At The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa we pride ourselves on providing the best hospitality experience in the Vail Valley, and we are looking for a service-oriented Guest Services Manager to join our team! If you are a positive leader with experience in a full service/luxury resort environment, we would love to meet you!
The Guest Service Manager is responsible for all areas of guest service including front desk, Service Express operators/runners, night audit, bell/valet, shuttle, security, shipping and receiving and ski valet. This position provides assistance in the management of the entire department in conjunction with the other two GSMs and the Director of Front Office.
This leadership role serves as point of contact for all guest inquiries and service recovery opportunities and performs all duties associated with the resort Manager on Duty program.
- Interview, hire, train, coach, and discipline front office team as needed. Be visible to guests by working at front desk, valet, lobby, etc in addition to office hours.
Adhere to an annual labor budget and staff schedule according to budget. Reduce/add staff based on business levels. Code and pay invoices in a timely manner. Verify payroll weekly.
Responsible for the effortless and seamless movement of guests in and out of the resort and providing exceptional levels of guest service through the guests’ stay from the point of reservation to the final billing process.
Create and review weekly schedules to ensure proper staffing levels in the division in order to maintain guest service goals. Review payroll data on a daily basis for accuracy.
Be actively involved in training and motivating associates; train, develop, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, and discipline as appropriate. Assist and hold leadership team and staff accountable for pre-shift and monthly staff meetings.
Monitor, track, and reward staff based on incentive programs designed to meet a variety of department and resort goals. Assist management team in leading on-going training programs and conducting regular service audits that ensure standards are consistently reinforced.
Supervise Valet, Ski Valet, and Loss preventions, hold monthly meetings and assist in all other areas of the Front Office and Hotel as needed. Assist with resolving guest billing questions after a guest stay as needed.
Review arriving reservations and hotel statistics in order to monitor room rate and inventory status. Maximize room revenue and occupancy daily. Verify room status information. Maintain information on prices, rates, specials, packages, programs, etc, while ensuring all associates are trained in all reservation and sales information. Ensure all Starwood Preferred Guest benefits are delivered to guests seamlessly. Monitor all VIP’s, owner reservations, and special requests.
Ensure all guest shipping, receiving, luggage storage, and ski storage needs are seamlessly provided.
Respond to guest requests, serving as the primary contact for guests wishing to speak with management about their stay. Respond to, investigate, and resolve guest concerns and complaints with a consistently positive demeanor in difficult situations. Provide visible management support for all guest service areas. Provide professional written responses to guest comments as follow up after departure.
Ensure department coordinates activities with other departments. Maintain excellent communication and relationship with the housekeeping department.
Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, Managed by East West Hospitality - Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $60,000 - $70,000 / year DOE + annual bonus potential
Schedule: Varies depending on business volume, including weekends and holidays.
- Two years related experience and/or training
- At least one year of full service/luxury leadership experience required.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in guest contact and problem resolution skills.
- Experience in Marriott and Westin Brand desired.
Benefits & Perks:
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- Health Insurance - Choose from three plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life & Pet Insurance
- Epic Merchant Season Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Corporate Discounts with Perk Spot
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.