Guest Services Manager
Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards and is one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work? Join our team at Viceroy Snowmass, managed by East West Hospitality.
We are looking for a customer service oriented Guest Services Manager to join our team in Snowmass Village, CO!
The Guest Service Manager is responsible for all areas of guest service including front desk, Service Express operators/runners, night audit, bell/valet, shuttle, security, shipping and receiving and ski valet. This position provides assistance in the management of entire department in conjunction with the other two GSMs and the Director of Front Office. Position serves as point of contact for all guest inquiries and service recovery opportunities and performs all duties associated with the resort Manager on Duty program.
- Interview, hire, train, coach, and discipline front office team as needed. Be visible to guests by working at front desk, valet, lobby, etc in addition to office hours.
Adhere to an annual labor budget and staff schedule according to budget. Reduce/add staff based on business levels. Code and pay invoices in a timely manner. Verify payroll weekly.
Responsible for the effortless and seamless movement of guests in and out of the resort and providing exceptional levels of guest service through the guests’ stay from the point of reservation to the final billing process.
Create and review weekly schedules to ensure proper staffing levels in the division in order to maintain guest service goals. Review payroll data on a daily basis for accuracy.
Be actively involved in training and motivating associates; train, develop, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, and discipline as appropriate. Assist and hold leadership team and staff accountable for pre-shift and monthly staff meetings.
Monitor, track, and reward staff based on incentive programs designed to meet a variety of department and resort goals. Assist management team in leading on-going training programs and conducting regular service audits that ensure standards are consistently reinforced.
Supervise Valet, Ski Valet, and Loss preventions, hold monthly meetings and assist in all other areas of the Front Office and Hotel as needed. Assist with resolving guest billing questions after a guest stay as needed.
Review arriving reservations and hotel statistics in order to monitor room rate and inventory status. Maximize room revenue and occupancy daily. Verify room status information. Maintain information on prices, rates, specials, packages, programs, etc, while ensuring all associates are trained in all reservation and sales information. Ensure all Starwood Preferred Guest benefits are delivered to guests seamlessly. Monitor all VIP’s, owner reservations, and special requests.
Ensure all guest shipping, receiving, luggage storage, and ski storage needs are seamlessly provided.
Respond to guest requests, serving as the primary contact for guests wishing to speak with management about their stay. Respond to, investigate, and resolve guest concerns and complaints with a consistently positive demeanor in difficult situations. Provide visible management support for all guest service areas. Provide professional written responses to guest comments as follow up after departure.
Ensure department coordinates activities with other departments. Maintain excellent communication and relationship with the housekeeping department.
Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
Location: Viceroy Snowmass - Snowmass Village, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $60,000 / year
Schedule: Varies depending on business volume, including weekends and holidays.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life & Pet Insurance
- Epic Merchant Season Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- $6 Employee Lunch
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at eastwest.com.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Three (3) to five (5) years of Hotel and/or Front Office operational experience in a luxury property.
- Proven team leader with a high level of energy and motivation with a proven track record of living the company's values
- An intermediate to proficient understanding of Computer systems such as: Opera, GoConcierge, HotSOS, Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook is preferred
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations
East West Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.
Viceroy Hotels & Resorts inspires travelers with one-of-a-kind authentic lifestyle experiences that bring together provocative design and intuitive service in sought-after locations. A leader in modern luxury, Viceroy’s vibe-led hospitality is guided by the brand promise "Remember to Live," an affirmation to create lifelong memories for each and every guest. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.
Why East West:
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.