Guest Services Manager
Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards AND is one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work? Join our team at Viceroy Snowmass, managed by East West Hospitality.
Viceroy Snowmass, located in Snowmass Village, CO is looking for a Guest Service Manager to join our team. If you enjoy working as a part of a team and have a motivated and positive attitude, we would love to meet you!
- Keeps the Front Office, Guest Relations, Reservations, PBX, Concierge and Valet teams focused on meeting and exceeding guest expectations and desired financial results.
- Empowers colleagues to provide excellent customer service. Establishes effective and clear guidelines so colleagues understand expectations and parameters.
- Manages the hotel guest complaint compensation program including but not exclusive to tracking of guest complaints and subsequent compensation, cross billing to appropriate departments and that all colleagues understand the parameters of guest compensation.
- Takes ownership - effective in dealing with guests’ accidents, incidents, complaints and preferences. Communicates them to the correct department heads to facilitate resolution and/or exceptional service delivery. Ensures accurate tracking of issues and records.
- Maintains high back and front of house presence.
- Manages Customer Satisfaction program and complies with Viceroy Snowmass policy in relation to reporting, trend analysis and resolution.
- Is highly interactive with guests and colleagues on a regular basis throughout the hotel to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Intervenes appropriately in any guest / colleague situation as needed to ensure the integrity of the hotel is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved and colleague wellbeing is preserved.
- Ensures the coordination of special needs and requests of VIPs and repeat customers.
- Proactive in maintaining detailed and current knowledge of local services (Restaurants, Leisure activities, Transportation, other property offerings etc.).
- Ensures compliance with all Front Office, Guest Relations, Reservations, PBX and Valet SOPs.
- Works closely with the Housekeeping and Engineering and Reservations Department to coordinate room availability and inventory.
- Works with Sales department to coordinate room inspections, tours and FAM trips.
- Create and maintains a strong working relationship with Housekeeping and Engineering Departments to ensure seamless service delivery.
- Create and maintain a strong working relationship with all departments to support hotel operations and goals.
- Maintains in-room Guest Directory ensuring that all information is up-to-date and in good condition.
- Manages Guest History and Preferences Program and ensures accuracy of information.
- Ensures that guest history and preference information is communicated through the Reservations and Guest Check-In process.
- Observes and records service behaviors of colleagues and provides feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
- Attends and participates in weekly revenue meetings in the absence of the Director of Front Office.
- Conduct effective and value-added department meetings.
- Carry out all reasonable requests made by management
Location: Viceroy Snowmass - Snowmass Village, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time Year Round
Schedule: Flexible schedule, some nights, weekends and holidays required
Pay Rate: $65k Annually
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at eastwest.com.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Three (3) to five (5) years of Hotel and/or Front Office operational experience in a luxury property.
- Proven team leader with a high level of energy and motivation with a proven track record of living the company's values
- An intermediate to proficient understanding of Computer systems such as: Opera, GoConcierge, HotSOS, Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook is preferred
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations
East West Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.
Viceroy Hotels & Resorts inspires travelers with one-of-a-kind authentic lifestyle experiences that bring together provocative design and intuitive service in sought-after locations. A leader in modern luxury, Viceroy’s vibe-led hospitality is guided by the brand promise "Remember to Live," an affirmation to create lifelong memories for each and every guest. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.