HR & Payroll Specialist
Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards and is one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work? Join the East West Family of Companies Human Resources team!
We are looking for a detail oriented HR & Payroll Specialist to help support our growing company. If you have excellent communication skills and a desire to learn and grow with our team, we would love to meet you!
This position is responsible for processing weekly payrolls and supporting the general operation of the Human Resources office for the East West Family of Companies; including East West Hospitality, East West Partners, and Slifer Smith, & Frampton, in various locations throughout CO, UT, SC, and HI. This position is based at the corporate East West Human Resources office in Avon, CO. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with room for growth.
- Process weekly payrolls accurately and efficiently, while maintaining employee information, reviewing earnings, and processing payroll reports.
- Assist HR generalist on all front desk duties including onboarding and responding to employee and manager inquiries.
- Enters, maintains, and processes information in the HRIS system; information may include employee hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, position changes, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Screens time cards, enters time card data, reviews keyed entries, and verifies accuracy of data entry. Communicates with managers to correct and fix time card issues.
- Processes check voids, manual checks, disability payments, payment adjustments, and garnishment payments.
- Maintain and audit personnel, payroll, and benefits files in compliance with federal, state and EWH requirements
- Distribute and collect HR and payroll related documents in a timely manner
- Handle and research routine HR and payroll related inquiries using both internal and external knowledge
- Provide administrative support to HR/Payroll/Benefits Departments
- Maintain a high level of security and confidentially of sensitive information.
- Communicates in a timely and professional manner.
Location: Human Resources Office - Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $21 - $23 / hr
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Previous payroll experience preferred
- Ability to learn and understand basic employment law, both state and federal
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
- Ability to learn, understand, and operate in multiple HRIS programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have high attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Must be comfortable working at a computer all day
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life & Pet Insurance
- Onsite Parking
- Epic Merchant Season Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West:
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.