Human Resources Director
The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, managed by East West hospitality, is seeking a Human Resources Director to join our team in Avon, CO. If you are a culture oriented, experienced HR professional who takes initiative, we would love to meet you! Come join the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards and is one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work!
- Plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource department
- Ensure legal compliance and implementation of the Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa’s mission and talent strategy
- Responsible for the efficient administration and management of the HR function including::
- Associate Relations
- Policies and Procedures
- Wage/Benefit Administration
- Compliance with statutory requirements
- Execution of employee relation activities
- Provide each department with the personnel, guidance, and support necessary to achieve their guest service and business objectives
- Work closely with the East West Shared Services HR and Talent Acquisition Manager on recruiting and staffing strategies
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train Westin HR Generalist
- Oversee the daily workflow of the department
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa - Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: 95k - 105k DOE
Schedule: M-F, 9am-5pm. Occasionally may be required to work outside of these hours depending on employee needs and events.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Epic Merchant Season Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Unlimited Time Off
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- $6 Employee Lunch
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Memberships at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounted Spa Services at Spa Anjali
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at eastwest.com.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent service skills.
- Proven track record of partnering with operational leaders to create and drive meaningful and impactful HR programs.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Previous supervisory and leadership experience.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Spanish speaking a plus but not required.
Education and Experience:
- Ideal candidate is a seasoned HR professional with a minimum of four+ years of experience in leading the HR function, preferably in a high-end resort or hospitality environment. Will consider less HR experience if in conjunction with operational leader experience in high-end resort or hospitality environment. Combination of experience and education also considered.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
East West Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.