Human Resources Generalist
Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards and is one of Outside Magazine's Best Places to Work? Join the East West Human Resources team!
We are looking to fill an immediate opening on our corporate HR team for a Human Resource Generalist. This is truly a generalist position, providing opportunity to work in a variety of HR areas, including Worker’s Compensation, Safety, Leave Administration, Training, Recruiting and general employment issues. This is a great opportunity to continue to grow in your HR knowledge and collaborate on innovative ideas and projects within an established HR team.
The Human Resources Generalist supports the general operation of the Human Resources office for the East West Family of Companies, including East West Hospitality, East West Partners, and Slifer Smith, & Frampton, in various locations throughout CO, SC, and HI.
- Manage worker’s compensation program, unemployment, FMLA, Hep B, and OSHA logs
- Act as front desk Lead by providing guidance, support and mentorship to the HR Front Desk Coordinator.
- Help at front desk during peak seasons and busy times by assisting with the onboarding of new-hires, answering phones, and responding to inquiries from applicants, employees, and managers.
- Provide administrative support to HR Management team, including: coordination of meetings, event planning, sabbatical program, training administration, training set up and prep, data compilation and report preparation.
- Assist in facilitating trainings offered by the HR department, including Orientation, New Manager training, etc.
- Assist Recruiting Manager with job postings, in ATS or in online advertising locations.
- Run the Employee Council, which coordinates, plans and executes HR sponsored events and recognition programs, such as Employee of the Quarter/Year, parties, etc.
Location: East West Corporate HR Office - Avon, CO
Start Date: January 27, 2020
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm. Some weekend/evening hours may be necessary for special events or during peak hiring seasons.
Pay Rate: $20 - 24 / hour DOE
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- $900 Wellness Incentive / Ski Pass Program
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Flexible Schedule Possible
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- Career Development Training Budget
- Discounted Gym Memberships at VAC and The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $200 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at eastwest.com.
Successful candidates will be eager to learn and participate as a key member of a busy HR team. Preferred qualifications are as follows:
- 1 - 3 years related experience and / or training in most or all of the above functions.
- General Human Resources experience in a hospitality or similar industry.
- Guest service and office administrative experience.
- Fluency in English; Proficiency in Spanish highly preferred.
- Computer proficient with the ability to learn new systems and software.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to present ideas and trainings to large or small audiences.
- PHR/SHRM-CP preferred.
East West Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.