Human Resources Generalist
Join our Team at The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, managed by East West Hospitality, named Best Property Management by Best of Vail Valley.
We pride ourselves on providing the best hospitality experience in the Valley, and we are looking for a bilingual Human Resources Generalist. If you are bilingual in Spanish and English and have guest service and administrative experience, we would love to meet you!
This position is truly a generalist position, providing opportunity to work in a variety of HR areas, including Worker’s Compensation, Safety, Leave Administration, Training, Recruiting and general employment issues. This is a great opportunity to continue to grow in your HR knowledge and collaborate on innovative ideas and projects within an established HR team.
- Greeting and assisting individuals applying for positions at The Westin Riverfront. This includes prescreening applicants and working to match them with an appropriate potential position.
- Accurate and efficient processing of all HR paperwork, including new hire paperwork, E-Verify, background checks, and general benefits information.
- Answers questions from applicants, associates and managers regarding general Human Resources issues, associate paperwork, benefits, payroll, policies, procedures, programs, training and general company and community information.
- Assists in planning, coordinating and executing HR sponsored events and recognition programs. May participate in Employee Councils to support these initiatives.
- Manage worker’s compensation program, unemployment, FMLA, Hep B, and OSHA logs
- Manages all aspects of employee housing: communicating the details to new tenants, collecting deposits, communicating with payroll about deductions, departures, inspections, and dealing with general employee housing issues.
- Provide administrative support to HR Director, including: coordination of meetings, event planning, sabbatical program, training administration, training set up and prep, data compilation and report preparation.
- Create Marriott EIDs, maintain Marriott Global Source system, and act as Marriott Learning Coordinator
- Assist in facilitating trainings offered by the HR department, including Orientation, New Manager training, etc.
- Assist Recruiting Manager with job postings, in ATS or in online advertising locations.
- Responsible for participating in the Culture Council, a council created to foster communication between employees from different departments, discuss opportunities to motivate, increase employee morale, and brainstorm ways to create a better workplace.
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, Managed by East West Hospitality - Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: Starting at $25 / hour
Schedule: Typically Mondays - Fridays, 9am-5pm. Some weekend/evening hours may be necessary for special events.
- 1-3 years related experience and / or training in most or all of the above functions preferred, not required.
- General Human Resources experience in a hospitality or similar industry preferred- not required.
- Guest service and office administrative experience strongly preferred
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English is required; Spanish is required. Ability to read, understand and apply technical procedures, employment laws and company policies and procedures. Ability to correspond articulately in written and verbal form. Effectively present information and respond to questions from applicants, associates, managers, guests and the general public.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and the ability to learn additional systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and provide evidence of full vaccination status to East West.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from three plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 50% funding for Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- $6 Employee Lunch
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Memberships at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Corporate Discounts with Perk Spot
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West Hospitality at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.