Laundry Supervisor - The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa
Join our team at The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, managed by East West Hospitality, named Best Property Management by Best of Vail Valley!
At The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa we pride ourselves on providing the best hospitality experience in the Vail Valley, and we are looking for a Laundry Supervisor with strong interpersonal and problem solving skills to join our Housekeeping team.
The Laundry Supervisor will manage daily operations of the Linen Room, ensuring quality controls are in place for all linen processes and will oversee our Laundry Team, ensuring a productive, effective, and welcoming work environment.
- Assists in determining staffing requirements necessary to meet the Laundry Department's needs and assigns schedules and duties to laundry staff based on business needs.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the linen area overseeing the loading of carts and placing them in designated areas.
- Ensure linen and laundry supplies are ordered and controlled in line with business and events.
- Ensure all team members adhere to all health and safety regulations and update the laundry / linen productivity report on a daily basis.
- Monitor and evaluate work of laundry team.
- Washe, dry, sort, press, and fold fabrics. Treat stained fabrics, remove damaged fabrics, clean and wax equipment.
- Monitor supply inventory, requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies from management.
- Assist in maintaining reports (production poundage, discards, etc.).
- Complete all checklist and forms associated with training on washers, dryers, and folding machine, as per property policy. Follow reports policy and procedure for the disposal on discards, bio-hazards of linen and terry products.
- Review and understand the safety data sheets (SDS) binder pertaining to all chemicals, adhering to the associated safety requirements.
- Inspect linen and terry product.
- Reports any safety issues to management.
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa - Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $23 / hour
Schedule: Thursday- Monday
- A minimum of two years of supervisory experience within housekeeping or another department in Hospitality - required.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish preferred but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities are essential.
- Must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and provide evidence of full vaccination status to East West.
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Discounts in Marriott Hotels worldwide
- Health Insurance - Choose from three plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life & Pet Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Discounted Gym Memberships at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Corporate Discounts with Perk Spot
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West Hospitality at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.