Leisure & Group Sales Manager
Generate demand and secure rental revenue for East West Hospitality (EWH) managed properties in Tahoe through strategic and proactive in-market and in-resort sales efforts. Responsible for securing group business and supporting the leisure travel trade sales efforts. Increase international and domestic travel trade awareness of EWH’s property portfolio to drive sales and build brand loyalty.
- Day-to-day management of key established travel trade accounts focused on partners with access to high-end clientele; strategic development of new accounts.
- Product training via in-market sales missions, in-resort hosting, webinars and proactive email/phone communication.
- In-resort hosting of travel trade partners to improve product knowledge, increase revenue and grow market share.
- Responsible for generating ski club group business for Tahoe.
- Responsible for generating non-winter wedding, meeting and social groups for Tahoe properties. Work closely with the Ritz to capture overflow business.
- Attends domestic customer events, trade shows and sales missions to maintain, build and develop key relationships.
- Communicates effectively with operations regarding future and in-house guest needs; works collaboratively to solve guest service issues in a timely manner. Understands and supports NPS scores/targets and other guest research.
- Improve processes and distribution in collaboration with revenue management and reservations.
- Set up and maintain Inntopia connectivity for wholesale partners. Troubleshoot and resolve issues with support from distribution.
- Management and oversight of wholesale bookings to insure all payments are collected and posted in a timely manner.
- Management and timely payment of travel agent commissions. Insure travel agencies are properly set up in the system.
- Works collaboratively with DoS and marketing to creative effective brand messaging, email and digital strategies and tactics.
- Maintains strong relationships with local lodging community, resort operators, central reservations and other business/tourism entities.
- Maintains high level of product knowledge of all EWH vacation rental inventory. Familiarity with the EWH destinations/properties, events, services, merchants, restaurants, and activities offered and be able to share such information upon request.
- Demonstrates strong sales aptitude and the desire to succeed while embracing East West Hospitality’s Vision, Mission, and Values.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend operations meetings and support destination goals and objectives
- Work with reservations team to exceed travel trade revenue goals
- Promote a cooperative and problem-solving atmosphere at all times
- Conduct all business in a professional and courteous manner
- Communicate effectively (in writing & verbally) with guests, partners and co-workers in all EWH divisions
- Provides assistance to other departments as needed
- Other duties as assigned/necessary
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must have a professional appearance and demeanor, strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others, be self-motivated, and reliable
- Requires exceptional communications and presentation skills
- Possesses strong consultative sales and negotiation skills with ability to identify and overcome objections
- Ability to build strong, productive and enduring relationships with key stakeholders, internally and externally
- Work experience must include previous hospitality and/or customer service experience
- Some International and domestic business travel required
- Ability to be organized and prioritize effectively
- Able to remain calm under pressure, juggle many things at once
- Ability to work irregular hours and days
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university in hospitality management, business or like asset; OR two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Three years combined sales experience in property management/hotel operations in a luxury hotel or a four-diamond resort. Self-motivated and competitive drive required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Spanish and Portuguese[KM1] a plus.
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate professionally
- Ability to clearly and concisely present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, vendors, and other employees of the organization
- Must possess basic knowledge of NAVIS, IQware, MS Word, Excel and Outlook, or be capable of learning and using all relevant computer applications quickly.
Mathematical and Reasoning Skills:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Employee must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of East West Hospitality, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbal or written) to employees.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments requested by supervisors, managers or other Company officials.
This job description does not constitute an employment contract between East West Destination Hospitality and any employee. This job description will be used for evaluation purposes.
The job responsibilities of this person may include cross training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or work area.