Maintenance Engineer III - Waterfront - Daniel Island
East West Hospitality is seeking an experienced Maintenance Engineer III to join our team in Charleston, SC. This position will maintain the day-to-day operations and assume responsibility for the maintenance of buildings, grounds, irrigation and utility systems of properties under the direction of the Chief Building Engineer. This position will complete maintenance requests for our condominium properties located in Mount Pleasant and Charleston in order to consistently provide well-maintained properties for our residents. Must be mechanically inclined and have strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills. Plumbing, HVAC, electrical, irrigation systems, and carpentry skills are preferred. Knowledge of pool/spas is a plus. Possibility of advancement to supervisory role.
Location: Maintenance responsibilities at The Waterfront
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $21 - 27 / hour DOE; Paid On Call
Schedule: Must be able to work weekends, starting with 5-8 Hr days, transitioning to 4 - 10hr days.
- At least 1 year experience in property maintenance or equivalent field.
- Good general maintenance skills
- Basic janitorial skills
- Ability to learn to operate equipment
- Good troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Good verbal communication skills, organizational skills
- English fluency
- Excellent customer service skills
- Plumbing, HVAC, electrical, irrigation systems, and carpentry skills are a plus
- Must be familiar with operation of a variety of general maintenance tools and equipment.
- Good understanding of electrical, plumbing, drywall, painting, and general building techniques are a plus.
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from three plans!
- Dental, Vision, Accident, Life & Pet Insurance
- Onsite Parking
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.
East West Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.